Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Sewing Studio - To Stage or Not to Stage??

DO you all stage your photos??  Now, I will freely admit that I do (as best as one can, considering it's size of course)... however, there is just something really slick about a product being in a light box too, right!!  All clean, and you can easily imagine it in your home; because it has no identity yet kind of thing.  I've tried to analyze where my need comes from to stage all my handmaids, and I just have to say that I'm clearly a narcissist.  My findings were pretty strong.  I just need to see the image of my finished product with "me" all over it, so much so that I've got to cram a bunch of personal shit in the photo as well.  Because... making the item wasn't ownership enough!  LOL  I've also figured out that I may be a bit crazy as well.  OOhh... well, nothing I can do about THAT either!!  ;D








The truth is... staging's kinda fun!  Maybe I'll sell less in Etsy because I do, but I'm AM enjoying it... so for me that's what counts!!  Have a great Weekend Kids!!  ;D
Xo, Heather

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, the staged ones would (and do) catch my eye faster on Etsy. Sometimes it is a, "Wow! That artist is so much like me. I bet we would get along great." or more offten, "Wow! I wish I could be half as cool as that artist. I want all their stuff." All of them are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Sherry! I just love seeing the backgrounds in the project pictures... kinda like it gives them more authenticity because all there other stuff is cool too!! hahaha!! :P

      Delete
  2. I'm with you ladies, staging or getting Mooohasive quilts photographed anyway I can is how I roll. I like peaking inside other peoples worlds so staged etsy listings will always get my click before light boxed ones - but I'm just nosey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh... me TOO! I swear that's why I got my Broker's license... to snoop into other peoples lives!! Hahaha... not in a criminal way, but a nosey-body way! :P

      Delete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS