Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Dressing Room - skin & hair!

Hi everybody! 

This weekend I want to talk a bit about my skin & hair everyday must-have's -- the products I use every single day without fail, as part of my shower routine. Most of the time I shower at night before bed so that I can just get up and go in the morning when its time for work. Most of these products can be found at Target (and probably other drug stores).

In the shower....
Shampoo & conditioner: Shea Moisture raw shea butter moisture retention shampoo, & deep treatment masque conditioner. The shampoo was voted by Elle magazine as one of the best beauty buys last year! Its great for my hair since it is processed with hair dyes and is on the dry side, and I find the conditioner very helpful. Each of these cost about $10, so fairly affordable. The bottom conditioner is an argan oil conditioner treatment from Sally's, which I use mostly just after I've dyed my hair to give it even more moisture.

Face wash: Cetaphil. Always always always, I have used this for years. I have acne prone skin so I need to use something very gentle but still cleansing. I use makeup wipes (usually just Target brand) to take all of my makeup off first. I like that Cetaphil has very little scent, its light and not too foamy. I started using this when I realized that Proactiv really wasn't doing anything to help my skin. It can be on the pricey side, $7-15 depending on which size you buy, but I only use about a nickle sized dollop daily so it lasts quite a long time!





Post shower...
Continuing with my skincare, after my shower I lotion up. Soo much lotion. I have pretty dry skin (partially from wearing hospital provided scrubs every day), especially over my tattooed skin. I use the Eucerin after the shower at night, and Nivea when I wake up in the morning before work. I also use Olay Age Defying cream on my face and neck, both at night and in the morning. I love all three, unscented and moisturizing. (Not sure the Nivea really works for 48 hours, though! ;))

The last two products I use are my specialty products - one for my face and one for my hair. Ocean Salt face scrub from Lush is a product I've only been using for a couple of months, but I love it. It smells incredible and gives me just enough exfoliation. I don't use it everyday, but I do use it 3-4 times a week. And the Garnier Sleek & Shine hair oil is something I do use everyday, on damp hair after my shower. It just adds a bit of shine and I find that when I put it in before bed my hair is still shiny when I wake up.



So, all of that being said - here's what I usually look like when I'm post-work, post-shower, no makeup, putzing around before bed... Flannel shirt and bandana to boot! ;)


As a Valentine's Day "i love you" to myself, I went out and purchased myself some extra hair extensions to add to the black ones (and red!) I already had and wear fairly often. I bought another set of black, and some pink, purple, and blue. I purchased them at Sally's, and obviously they're not for everyone. They are a bit pricey, since I get the human hair kind. The human hair kind is able to be heat styled, so I can flat iron or curl it. I also always get the kind of with clips already attached, so that I don't have to take the time to attach my own clips.


Here's what they look like free floating in the packages:
 And here is one of the wefts out of the package and stretched out. The black sets come with four large three clip wefts and a bunch of single clip smaller pieces to tuck in. The fun colored wefts I bought are just singles (each pack had two singles in it, and I bought two packs of pink so I could have more of those!).


I find the clip in extensions to be super easy to use. I just section my hair starting at the bottom and working my way up, clip in the larger wefts first from side to side, and then tuck in the singles where I need more fullness. Right now, with two sets of black, I have one large weft, and a few singles left over. My hair is still a bit short to use all of them without them being visible.


Phew. Okay, I think thats enough beauty-ness for one weekend! Enjoy! 

..And if you're like me and going to see Adam Levine/ Maroon5 in concert in New Hampshire on Sunday night, suuuuuper enjoy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS