Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Sewing Studio - Thanksgiving Table Runner!

Nothing makes a table more fabulous then some fresh linens!!  So, when I realized that I'd be hosting Thanksgiving at my home this year... I whooped up this Table Runner super fast!!  ;)  One of my ALL time favorite quilt patterns is the Log Cabin because they just lend themselves to being either "traditional" by design or a little more "modern" by design... depending on your mood!

So, I pulled out my focal fabric ( yep, Miss Melody Miller's ) and built a stack of "maybes" to go with it.  Then... I just quickly cut and built four log cabins to support the width & length of my oblong table! 
(13" X 48"... if your wondering!)  SooooOOOooo EASY!!




Just did some quick... organic straight line quilting, threw on some tasty green binding and presto!!...  New Table Runner!!  Now, if I can make some funky, vintage candles to set "the mood" ( wink, wink )!!!  LOL





I can't wait to sit down at my table this year... knowing, it'll be that much sweeter... with this little addition!!

***Ps... remember, both Shelly and I have TWO - GIVEAWAYS still active!!***


16 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this is so pretty, and it matches the outdoors! Enjoy your Thanksgiving - no stressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think log cabins may be my favorite block for exactly the reason you gave. That or anything with a star...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great table runner - you make it look so easy! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is darling. What a perfect, quick, seasonal project! Love the addition of the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you choose your fabrics that you use together because I never would have put those fabrics together but all finished it looks great but when I saw them stacked and laying by each other I though yikes. I'm horrible at putting fabrics together and I wish I were better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your fabric selection is great. Love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you not smile when using that fabric?! Melody, Lizzy and those wacky birds...love it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. really love this runner, love the fabric and design

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great combo of fabrics! Your table runner is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful colors! I bet you will enjoy it as much as the one I have from you from last years swap!!! I am looking forward to getting it out next week! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice shot with your backyard on the back, the colors are just right! Beautiful table runner!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS