Wednesday, May 2, 2012

long time... no blog???

but, you know... i actually do have a good excuse why though.  
I'm learning to cook Vegan and i am NO cook, period!  LOL 
 i also have started my own organic garden!  Crossing fingers THAT works out!  hahaha... 
let alone i spend a strange amount of time in this weird place... known as a grocery store???..  and of course my nearest grocery store has "little to none" of anything Organic, so i'm usually driving quite a bit to get all my new plant-based foods. 
but, i feel great!  so, it's totally worth the effort!!

ps... Juicing... is FABulous!  you actually get a little boost every time you drink one... like caffeine, but not??  didn't see that one coming, but i'll take it!

there's a couple more babies i'd like to purchase for my new healthier lifestyle... so, i'm doing a little DeStash in my Etsy Store of some younger prints that i'll never use!





and yeah... due to all my time being sucked into my family's health, i'll be the first one to admit my sewing endeavors... have been a bit slow, but i did finish up another round of the Traveling Quilts for Alissa!!




and i do have some fun hop, hop, hops i'm going to be participating in too!!


xo, Heather
 


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your efforts to make your family healthier, I am sure it will pay off!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh...my comment got eaten!
    so, what I was saying was that you are so inspiring!
    and also, I made the most delicious cream of carrot soup yesterday. I'll send you the deets if you'd like. if you need to leave out the buttermilk, you totally can...it will still be super yummy and creamy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I'm too late...I saw a weiner dog in your destash!

    Congratulations on a healthier lifestyle. I need to obtain some of you mojo and clean up my eating too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that sucks. I would have loved to have some of those munki prints. dang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have similiar lifestyle changes going on. I have been eating clean recently approx. the last 2 months and exercising every day now:) You do feel a lot better and more energized. Green tea is great and hot peppers boost your metabolism!

    Good for you for starting an herb garden:)

    I don't have any organic rich stores nearby either:( Food Lion sucks...road trip coming soon to Whole Foods and Trader Joes! 2 hrs away part not so good:/ Farmers Markets are awesome too if you have some around ya;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, have switched to a veg diet and since I do the cooking the others are eating what I eat or striking out on their own. I have found Deborah Madison's cookbooks to be very helpful also check out (in your spare time;^) the Savvy Vegetarian blogspot.

    Now I am trying to detox my cleaning products.....

    Best wishes to you and yours.

    Nana B

    ReplyDelete
  7. YaY! I'm happy you are back. I clicked over to your blog every day last week wondering where you were. I understand, I get lost in my garden too. I am a member of a CSA, maybe you have one of those nearby. In fact, my food bin arrives today! I like it because they deliver whatever is fresh in season from the farm, and it encourages my husband and I to not eat the same darn thing weekly. Happy you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the changes. We definately aren't vegetarians (the meat we eat is locally raised, grass-fed and free range when possible). I love having an organic garden in the backyard with veggies and herbs. We also shop at a local food coop. A great place to find a local food coop or CSA is http://www.localharvest.org/

    Good Luck!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. My niece has "gone vegan" for a couple of years now...she feels so much better. There is this fabulous recipe for peanut butter fudge. If you would like it, let me know! Even us meat eaters love it! I think it is about the best fudge my sister has ever made...and she makes good fudge! My niece has found many restaurants to eat in and good places to pick up food and take with. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS