Thursday, April 5, 2012

possibilities...

i just lOVE them!! i finished up a little project for the Birch booth using the new, very swank Commute line for Spring International Quilt Market this week and sent it off to Angela for some quilty magic!! and I can't even begin to explain how excited i am to see my finished Dandelion quilt!!


then i had a few minutes to play with a Robert Kaufman charm pack!!




i've been in lOVE with tinny little blocks for quite awhile, so these cuties were fussy cut down to 3.25" each! i want to keep going... but, damn it if this is a perfect pillow size again! LOL

OOohh... and while the Studio construction is still moving towards one serious space... i've also decided one piece of patchwork furniture must live there, right!


how can you NOT have something like this chair??? now, i just have to learn how to make it???... i see a LOT of swearing in my future!! LOL

X, Heather

14 comments:

  1. Your commute quilt is so inspiring! The colours look much more vibrant than on their site and I've got to admit I like that a lot more!!

    And you so have to make the patchwork chair. It's too freakin' cool!! How about an upholster along? We can all horrify our families by upholstering our chairs, couches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the quilt!! I need to get crackin again on making more stuff...so sad, since i work in a quilt shop now, but mostly all the projects that i work on now are for the shop...i need to start working on my own stuff.

    And that chair is the COOLEST! I would definitely figure out a way to make own as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that chair! I think it would probably involve an all out tantrum (or three) but it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you figure out how, then you need to post pics along the way because I want one TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! love the look of that chair, but I agree with you. there would be a lot of swearing in the making of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dandelion quilt too! And the little blocks...sigh... more things to grab my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see that quilt finished either! It's going to be stunning.

    Also, love the tininess. There's such a strange sense of satisfaction in completing them even though there are fewer square inches. It's a good argument for quality versus quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That damn chair is just to die for! Could you make 2 while you are at it????? LUV IT!!!!!!
    It needs a little footstool, so you can put your feet up while you are purring over your books........ah..............stitching..........I meant to say stitching.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I love that chair!!! Of course you've worked your magic with those quilts I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dandelion looks positively springy! Yes, please figure out how to quilt a chair like that for yourself so you can make one for me right after :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am a bit in love with that arm chair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha i love that attitude! That chair is amazing. I need one in my sewing corner as well. Please do let us know if you figure out how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that chair!!!!!!! And yes, the love deserves a bunch of exclamation points. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know... I have a sofa that I've been meaning to recover for years that I'm going to sell... do you want an entire patchwork sofa?

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS