Monday, April 2, 2012

Confessions of a blogger.

Here it is… I’m burning into my 3rd year blogging, ha! ( i'm such an old lady!) whatever that means… and it’s amazing. Not because I give a rat’s ass as to what I’m doing, but because of what all these other clever… much more business savvy, talented folks are earning that call me a friend. Yes, I did say, “Earning”… they work for the right of your respect, admiration and trust. Trust... that they not only can give you the promise… of “fabulous in all things they do”, but also deliver on the goods. These are my kids (peeps from the beginning), who have had a bit a dream, really, and it was so incredibly vivid… that others flocked to them without thought . what a damn statement to have made, right??!!

If you’ve read my blog at all over the minutes I’ve been around, you’d already know how much I respect and honor,  those that I believe have earned it in my book. They make clever… ridiculously smart, and just bloody brilliant designs. here's some of their eye candy... you can link on there photo's to see more of their work!

Monica.
Winterkist (by me!)

Ashley.
a lovely llama quilt

Amber.
hello

Nova.
nesting fabric bowls

and Elizabeth.

here's the thing... i don't give a shit that these women could rule the modern quilting world for any reason... maybe they are more clever, more imaginative, more whimsical, and even more swanky... than me. i don't care... because when we were all just tadpoles in this pond... they liked me. simple, really. they just liked me for all my manly style, trucker mouth and big o'le heart.

so... i will always honor my kids for what they are and who they have become. It takes a proud woman to claim her friends to be more clever then herself. There is never shame in giving honor to those who deserve it. period. IT WILL NEVER MAKE YOU LESS, FOR APPRECIATING OTHERS. it makes you... humble.

and while, i continue building my new sewing studio... i'm so grateful to take this time to appreciate my peers art and creativity. i'm blessed to be in their company. i feel pretty damn confidant that i wouldn't be interested in this art... if i wasn't surrounded by the positive.


embrace yourselves girls... we're all the shit, in our own way. that does NOT make us less!  hear me... this is truth!!!... it makes us unique!!!  lOVE our sister's and embrace ourselves!  we will all bring light to each other's lives.  nothing cheesy about that.  i swear.  ;)

x, Heather

20 comments:

  1. Crap.....you made me cry! I am so touched that you consider me in that ate gory. And CANNOT wait to meet you in SLC! Love the quote...congrats on two years and here's to many more...You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwww! that is so lovely :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Heather! Although I'd add your creativity and originality into that group of inspirational peeps any day! Love your work - and your ability to say it like it is :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And love your desciption of yourself. My daughter would say that describes me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!! I so enjoyed reading this post and how helpful it is to me. Absolutely beautiful (in a truck driver sort of way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I should be yelling out an *amen sista!* or something...but I'm going to do my best to refrain because everyone else is asleep, ha! You have a gorgeous circle of bloggy friends to be sure, but obviously, like attracts like!
    (and thank you for the reminder that sharing + caring = more and better!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a post! You must feel great after that. I love being in the blog and sewing/creating world. I feel like it makes my life better to be among such great people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. umm...obviously I meant category - not ate gory - it was late and I was on the iPad...that's my excuse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogland is a happy place for me too... I knew that if I ever resented another's success, I'd be instantly sapped of my fun and joy... NOT WORTH IT!
    And I've been meaning to tell you that I'm on your blog all the time -- when Scarlet gets tired, she goes in to her pack, and she'll let me stand in front of the computer until she's ready to fall asleep if the music is playing! So I sway and browse and Scarlet falls to sleep. ♥ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's for reasons like that post and more that I enjoy your blog so much, respect your creativity and individuality. thank you again, for continuing to motivate me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I squealed with happiness when I saw your new blogpost on my dashboard! You are FANTASTIC!!!! I love reading your blog! Keep it comin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont know why the heck my comments dont show up! ARGH! You are FANTASTIC, LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, this is my 3rd time trying to comment! What the F!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog...keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post. Wise words. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love you too my little potty mouth friend x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog. It's a little embarrassing to admit but every time I FMQ or get in a sewing rut late at night I bring it up to listen to your playlist really loud. When the songs loop back to the beginning I know it's time to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely blog post.

    Love what you are doing.

    Back to lurking...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that trucker mouth and huge HONEST heart and brain! Sing it, sister! I respect how your mind works, and love what your hands produce. You are brimming over with awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heather!! Has it only been two years? Wow! What a sweet blog post. It makes me so happy to be on your list and I'm so happy that we got to know each other way back when. You always make me laugh... always! Now I just wish you would move to VT so we could be friends in real life!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I appreciate your honesty and heart.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS