Monday, March 5, 2012

busy little bee!!

i've been a busy little bee lately, i have. i recently decided to open my own Lounge/ Studio to teach sewing and design to children (and maybe some adults!)out of my home, so we've been living in a bit of a construction zone! I'm terribly excited about this endeavor, since i really lOVE the craft and art of sewing. I can't wait to teach and encourage kids to jump in, and get lost in this art!!

Too many of our educational programs have been cut from our public schools and it would deeply sadden me beyond words, that the opportunity to learn this trade could be lost to so many. So, after a lot of thought, I decided it would be my honor to show youngsters how it's done!! Add that to my spicy nature, and i think we're going to have a pretty cool time together! you can learn more about this process for me, here.

I also started on some adorable little trinkets this weekend with my Lorax fabric by Robert Kaufman!... seems only fitting since the movie just came out and killed it in the box office!! I can't wait to grab a free couple hours and go indulge in it!! :D




OOOhh... and looky, looky what came this week! my new stash of Nancy Drew books!! I never read these as a child, but the Yams have set out to read them together... so, i couldn't resit purchasing a lot with my Sista Monica! lOVE them!!

 I really need more time in the day! :P


off, to get a million things done!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!
x, Heather

18 comments:

  1. I just got that Lorax fabric (and the book!) to make a quilt for my 1-year-old nephew. Are you making up your own pattern or using a published one. That is a fun diagonal looking block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got that Lorax fabric (and the book!) to make a quilt for my 1-year-old nephew. Are you making up your own pattern or using a published one. That is a fun diagonal looking block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy. I think your idea to teach children is so fabulous!!! I can't wait to see what they come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOhh... i used some Farmer's Wife paper piecing templates for these, but i'm making zippy pouches for some kiddos!! i lOVE the fabric colors though... so rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Nancy Drew. What years are you reading? I read some of the editions from the beginning and loved them! Read the versions from the 60's when I was a girl. You yams have all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Lorax in the FW's blocks! I love Nancy Drew but couldn't get my daughters to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lorax was pretty good--kept my little guy glued for an 1hr and 1/2.

    great to hear about your new teaching endeavor with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Lorax blocks! That has to be one of my most favorite books and I've been wanting the fabric since I saw it months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the Lorax blocks!! So totally COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you, Heather! What a wonderful adventure.

    Love those Nancy Drew books - just like the ones I had as a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I LOVED Nancy Drew when I was young. She made me want to be a detective. Hahaha.

    Those Lorax blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that is a great idea.....good luck with it all...I'm sure you and the child/children learning will have a great time plus learn from such a talented person....I really need to bring my sewing machine back out again...and put the crochet needle down for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sewing studio/ lounge to teach children is a wonderful idea. If you need some ideas check out my sister's website
    Justsewyouknow.com. She has been running a sewing school out of her home for awhile. In addition on etsy she sells children's patterns that students use to make in her school. It is called little stitchers.

    I love nancy drew. I teach my students all about the author nancy drew and that her real name is Mildred Wirth benson from Toledo, Ohio.

    Good luck in your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so great, I love what you did with the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your idea of teaching sewing to kids. I hope you have lots of fun in your adventure.

    I also wanted to say that I really loved those Nancy Drew books when I was younger. Seeing your stack brings back such fond memories for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have that adorable Lorax fabric in the shop where I work. It is really cute.
    I loved Nancy Drew. I literally couldn't put them down once I got my hands on one. Still love those mysteries.
    Great idea teaching kids to sew. We need to teach the next generation and I am sure with you teaching them, they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heather, this is so cool! I can't believe you're opening a sewing lounge to teach in-- that is a brilliant idea! I hope it's going well, and I hope you share more about it on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun with your new teaching venture! I'm looking forward to seeing what they come out with. :D

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS