Monday, January 2, 2012

UUUggggG!

i hate head colds! not only do you look like a hot mess, but your brain actually feels like slimy snot and let's not even mention what your breath smells like! sooOOOoo FRIGGIN gross!! i'm still totally stuck in sick-ville, but i did finally get to put together a few more blocks without fear of sewing my fingers together!

these little puppies are super fun, i'm finding that tracing and coloring my freezer paper templates at night while the boy's are busy... being boys, really helps to whip them out when my eyes can still stitch a straight line! LOL


John Morgan Block pg#145


Smallpox Block pg #133



i swear my blog posts will be about other creations this new year besides Civil War Diary blocks! hahaha... i do actually realize, i've been a bit manic with these cuties lately! but, what's a girl to do??? :P

Hope you all had a wonderful New Years celebration and are going to make everyone of your resolutions come true for you!!

Xo, Heather

12 comments:

  1. I think they look great!
    Sorry your note feeling well. Get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered my book a couple of days ago so hopefully it'll arrive this week and I can get started!

    I'm sorry that you're not feeling so hot darling - get better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sold. I ordered the book and a FQ bundle today so I can join.
    Last winter, I had a head cold but I just had to finish my brother's gift, so I was quilting with tissues stuffed up my nose. I don't envy you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for ya woman, I'm sitting here feeling like my brain is oozing out of my head and my girls are miserable too. Hoping I'll have the strength to sew again soon. I love your blocks, gotta check that book out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! Hope you feel better soon. Happy new year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you in sicksville :( I've had this cold for weeks! The blocks look fantastic! I'm enjoying seeing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks are great, keep them coming. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nothing to do with quilts or blocks - but did you see that picture of morrissey with the cat on his head in spin magazine recently? my hubs tore it out and hung it on my bulletin board. i didn't even notice the cat until he pointed it out. totally random, i know - but it's what i thought of when i heard your music playing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is probably a silly question to ask but I've never done the freezer paper method of piecing. I know that you trace the pattern/pieces from the book but how does that take into account the 1/4" seam allowance? Is your finished block just going to be much smaller than the one in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered this book because of the stories and thought it would be fun to make and not as involved as the Farmers Wife. But I was confused and then disappointed that there were not actual patterns included, especially when on page 8 it says there are 121 patterns included. I now see how naive I am after reading your blog and that I have to create the pattern myself from the picture. I think the description of the book is very misleading and that disappoints me. Thanks for enlightening me.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS