Monday, January 9, 2012

Modern Whimsy!

Yay! i was able to finish up my first Project Linus quilt top this weekend with the fabulous Modern Whimsy!!... such a fabulous line for a special baby and family who could use a little "pick me up"!! i had a blast putting this top together, Ashley's tutorial really makes them come together quickly... but with a pop of design! i really suggest you all put it on your "must tries"... it's a serious keeper!

OOohhh... and i think i'm going to order some lovely flannel to back this quilt with... maybe in that yummy lime?? :P





i may even make a couple other sweet treats from this line for Easter too! the Ducks ( i think they look more like swans myself, but whateves... hahaha... ) are to die for and let's not even mention the circles! yep, i'm in fabric love... sigh...

Xo, Heather

15 comments:

  1. That is one happy quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, Heather & I definitely have a string quilt on my list for this year since seeing Ashley's last year

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are speedy quick! That is really awesome :o) How big are the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! What a beautiful act of service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful Heather, I'm sure it will provide much comfort to a special family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty and cute! I think I have to get some Modern Whimsy now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet line. And the quilt is gorgeous! That's going to make some kid very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those fun fabrics. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! So springlike. This makes me want to try a string quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very pleasing sight!! It made me think of the "thirties" look from a distance but the printed animal silhouettes and the bright and cheery look of the prints bring it into a whole new realm..I'm quite taken by it. Lovely work there! I'm sure it will be well recieved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cheerful quilts that I hope bring cheer to those you donate it to. Grace

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS