Sunday, December 4, 2011

heaven...

nothing says, "it's time to relax" like Lavender! Ever since my dear friend Mo made me a lovely Kashmir eye pillow/ sachet for my birthday this year, i have been in love with them! they are Yummy with a capital Y!!!

so, i thought it only fitting that i make them for all my children's teachers and aids for their Christmas gifts this season!! :) i purchased Lavender buds & oil at this little Etsy shop and filled my pot with a medley of rices...

it smelled amazing!!



so, i thought it only fitting that i make them for all my children's teachers and aids for their Christmas gifts this season!! :) i purchased Lavender buds & oil at this little Etsy shop and filled my pot with a medley of rices...


i even made them in a variety of sizes and shapes... even little Matryoshka Dolls!! they might be my favorite??!! :)


i really appreciate my childern's teacher!!

okay, okay... i'm really off to get a Christmas tree!! i received the most beautiful { SavVy } Seasons Swap package yesterday from the lovely Angela, that i'm super excited to put to good decorating use!! LOL ( i'll show you more later!! )

Xo, Heather

6 comments:

  1. Love your idea ... is there a 'recipe' out there somewhere? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this idea... perfect for last minute gifts this year (I still have grandmothers gifts to make). Just a quick question, how much of the lavender/oil do you use per what amount of rice? Did you heat it in that pot, or was that just for mixing purposes?

    And the matryoshka dolls are the cutest! You always make such amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter got me a set of lavender pillows for my b.d. one year. I love them. My hubby is handicapped. I bought him one. I microwave it then tuck it in bed with him on these cold winter nights. Your pillows are lovely. Lucky teachers! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool! The dolls would make cute ornaments for your tree too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! As a teacher, I say huge thumbs-up. Of course, I teach high school where giving the teacher a gift gets you razzed until Easter. I usually settle for an audible laugh at one of my jokes. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS