Friday, October 14, 2011

you can call me Martha...

if you really want too... i won't mind, really! ( wink, wink ) hahaha... Although, i did REALLY feel like her walking into my husband's birthday party at his Mom's house last night, holding a homemade cake and wearing a handmade dress! LOL

if someone would have told me ten years ago that i'd be able to do either and will!... i probably would have peed my pants laughing at that prospect in their face! it was a really rich moment for me! ;)

welp, here they are in all their glory...

my first dress { The Shoolhouse Tunic }




and my chocolate cake!


thanks for pep talk yesterday too my sweets!! the quilt's going pretty darn good now that i'm quilting it! :)

ps... have you all seen what Amanda Jean's up too??... i joined her party toDAY! this is going to be a great motivator for all my handmade Christmas ideas!! have a fab weekend kids!!

xo, Heather

16 comments:

  1. Hey, Martha! You actually make me want to sew one for myself! It's sooooo cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What’s going on Martha?? :) I love your adorable dress (your bedroom is gorgeous by the way) and your cake looks delish. I am with you, with the way I love to make things and sew, 10 years ago I would have been laughing as well. You go girl! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey Martha ;). You look mighty fine in that dress, I LOVE it. The plaid and the shape is perfect. Marking that pattern on my to-do.

    Cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you look great in your great-looking dress!! I bet there weren't nothing but 'crumbs' left of that cake, too. Happy weekend, Martha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!! You did it...I knew you could. I'm totally proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Martha - I love the dress! It's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Martha, your tunic is the bomb. Your first tunic and you made it with PLAID? You really are bonkers. and you even matched up the pattern on the top and bottom. WHAT?????? And chocolate cake, AND a quilt? I bow in your general direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Traci had on hers last night, too. Cute pic of you in the mirror, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, you probably thought I was going to mention the mirror… but look at me - I didn't! ;-)

    WHAYCSAYC

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey martha! (ha, that really is my mom's name). I love the tunic, so so cute, way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure which I like better - the dress or that first photo of you wearing it. That's a great shot. And a great dress.

    Mmmmm.....cake....

    Odd coincidence: wv is megrabl. As in megrab-le cake

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! And the cake looks awesome, too. Way to channel that Martha Stewart! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute dress! you can't beat chocolate cake, bet everyone loved it! As a side note, everytime I visit, Cyndi Lauper is singing that "girls just want to have fun" and so I had to go download it! The other day you hadn't updated but I left it up just to listen to the song!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously, how cute are you, Martha?!?!?! i love the tunic. and the cake looks fab!

    thanks so much for linking up to finish it up Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS