Thursday, October 27, 2011

confessions... of a Ding Dong!

i can honestly say without any reservations that I am a ding dong! I am far from perfect and in fact some days... i might even goes as far as to think, i may be far from even mediocre! LOL i still love me, but sometimes i want to spank my own ass for my ridiculous nature!

example you ask???... why sure... this week i actually flayed my knuckle ( on my dominate hand, pointer finger mind you ) on an aluminum can lid trying to dig out refried beans as fast as i could. yep, that's me... in all my glory of not paying attention to the task on hand, while attempting to use super human speed to achieve it! Uuugg...

thankfully, i have other hobbies ( like reading smutty books ) to keep me busy while i wait to heal from not only the finger, but the lovely tetanus shot i got to with it as a side note!   love, i love me, i love me so much... ;P

bright side???...  was that my mail days have been fabulous! If only i could sew, eh...

per Sew Mama Sew ( which is currently ** as in TODAY ** are doing a give-a-way for the book Pretty in Patchwork: Doll Quilts! )...

i found this little Etsy shop and treated myself to an adorable holiday kit!



and from this lovely swap... i received these trinkets of joy!!! Sigh... 
Thank you so much Melissa!!! They couldn't have been any more amazing! Perfect colors, detailing, and thought put into them! xoxoxo



then the sweetest little private swap arrived from one of my blog readers!! can you believe she agreed to make me flying geese!  MMMmwah... miss Natalie!! these are going to make the swankiest throw pillows for my living room! :) 

and being the dollface that she is... she totally sent me one of her book covers!! hello heaven! ;)



yeah... i guess it could have been worse week!   although, i'm still pretty peeved at myself!!( wink,wink )
xo, Heather


21 comments:

  1. That book cover is awesome! Poor sweet Vonnie- good thing you have your smut books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like them, I'm happy!!! I can't wait to see if my package arrived today too :) thanks so much for swapping with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heal fast sweetie - I don't want any of those creative ideas to slip away while you are unable to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were making me cringe thinking about that accident:( We all do goofy stuff once in awhile girl!

    You still sew fabulous:)That's what really counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your finger! Ouch! Heal quickly!
    Glad you liked your package. I had fun picking out scrappy goodies for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather! Yay, so glad you got your kit! Thank you so much for mentioning it on your blog. I hope you will let me know what you think, I'd love your feedback. And I'd love to see the finished project too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful book cover to disguise those smut books. Heal quickly

    ReplyDelete
  8. yowch! Sorry about your finger! Great goodies, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, sorry about the finger. and now you can read super smutty books since you've got the undercover cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooooo....a TETANUS shot! Sheesh, you sure do things right girlie!
    Nice loot in mail tho' :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to LOL -- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" was up on your playlist when I hit your blog today. It just seemed to fit. Hahaha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did that twice in less than a week. It was on my thumb. Not sure what I was thinking doing it the first time and then opening up the healing scar the second time! Really??? Luckily I can still sew and no tentanus! Hope yours heals up soon. Gifts always help.
    ps. I'm heading over to SewMamaSew to sign up. Thanks for the tip. LOVE that book:-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come to the Ding-Dong Club!! I once shaved off a good chunk of the top of my knuckle with a corn shucker. I still have a wonderful scar. Sigh.

    Hope you heal soon.

    Just sign me,

    Queen of the Ding-Dongs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the geese and book cover. And love them smut books - they've gotten me through some really tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a ding dong, too! You are not going to believe this, but I did the same exact thing to my knuckle on my dominant hand (my middle finger though) on a refried beans can about two or three months ago! I didn't need to get a tetanus shot because last year while I was pregnant and packing up my house, I sliced my finger on a food processor blade and had to go down to the urgent care center for the shot.

    You're not the only ding dong around here. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one, too. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! Hope the finger recovers quickly. If only so you can fondle that yummy yummy book cover

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous treats! lucky girl! At least you'll have pretty things to look at while you heal :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did that to my thumb once. I think this one was a can of corn. My fingerprint has never been the same since!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that was so sweet of Natalie! Her geese blocks are fabulous, and so is that book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The book cover is beautiful, sorry to hear about your hand! That's awful and I hope you get to get back to sewing soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you ever make these into pillows? Miss your face. Are you still blogging?

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS