Tuesday, September 6, 2011

holey bee sting!

now this is was seriously autumn quilt! i knew Melody Miller's new fabric line Ruby Star Rising 2 was going to gorgeous, but i never knew it would hurt so good! (and yes, this is me being cheeky... juiced up on caffeine first thing in the morning! LOL) although, i was given 3 half yards cuts from her new line, due to the additional expense of this lovely fabric and generous size of it... i only used 2 of them for this entire quilt with a little help from fab Kona solids, linen, and quilters linen
(and this little puppy's 60" X 60")!!





Melody also made this fantastic video to share with everyone based on Deborah, from Whipstitch, design for a bee skirt!!! Too friggin cute!


you can also see great examples of RSR2 here and here!!

have a fab Tuesday kids!!
Xo, Heather

22 comments:

  1. wow - amazing quilt & use of the feature fabric! Nice. Such a great call color scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really gorgeous Heather! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is just lovely. I gotta say too, your tutorials are great. Easy to follow and I just keep telling myself easy peasy when I get frustrated! Thanks!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute video! I wish I could draw like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fabric makes me want to cry! Love what you've done with it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Heather this is so fabtastic ... lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! You've made great use of the fabric to stunning effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple mania is on! I did one of these purple tops a couple weeks ago and....I think we have awesomeness in common with these purple numbers;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The giant bees totally make it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your choices of solids with the prints can't wait to see this one in person!!
    ps I gave up caffeine how crazy is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Bee Balm Batman! that quilt is smokin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt! I love this fabric. I have it saved in a shopping cart put haven't gone past that. Thanks for all of your inspiration!

    On a side note - I love the tatoo! Can't wait to see it colored in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt is just gorgeous! What a lovely job:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the palette, love the quilt blocks- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I usually am no fan of purple in quilts, but this shade is absolutely delicious!! I love the colors you have chosen, and the pattern is just plain fun.

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, my dear! And I'm glad you have been sewing/blogging more often. You've been missed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I knew I was going to love it, and indeed I do!! Absolutely gorgeous. Such wonderful colors... would look great in my home (I'm just sayin'!)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS