Friday, August 26, 2011

you, me and the ocean.

i am so excited about this quilt! it's actually my first "celebration" quilt. it's beyond rare that i have a friend who is having a baby or getting married ( we all decided to do that gig in our early twenties! ) so, when i found out my sister-in-law's was getting married and the wedding is this Saturday... i just knew she needed a quilt!!   :)

she used to take the most wonderful vacation to Cabo San Lucus with her Mom and my Husband's Dad ( her step-father for 25 years ) and since we lost him last winter to cancer, i thought it might be sweet to make her a quilt that embodied the their time together at the sea.  my Husband's Dad and Step-Mom had a wonderful marriage and i hope hers and her soon to be husband share the same great romance.

( ps... i would love to thank my good friend Kristin for always caring the most classy fabrics in her store!  she makes it so easy to envision my designs through her shop's selection, YOU're the bestest!! )







Have a wonderful weekend kids!
Xo, Heather

29 comments:

  1. oh, how nice! Just truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally -- the post I've been waiting for! Great finish on this beautiful quilt, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit that ocean feeling perfectly... Love both the quilt and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the quilt! it's just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt and inspiring to me since I like geometric shapes. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is so beautiful and soothing, noone should have any trouble sleeping while under it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty pretty. when u quilt in straight lines like that, do u alternate sides. how do u keep it from puckering?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ocean and sand feel of this quilt without a single seashell or wave. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - my colors again! It will be loved forever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. anything "ocean" related in a quilt is so calming isn't it! You did a fantastic job Heather:p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect quilt. And I love the straight line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet quilt -- love the backing fabric, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply wonderful! What a thoughtful gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is very sweet and quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely dreamy--I can hear the waves form here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does remind me of the ocean. It's so special that you were inspired by something so meaningful. I'm sure it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful quilt!, i just found your blog today through a link, can't believe i have never seen it before?.You now have a new "virtual friend" and devoted blog follower in me. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. me loves very much... and congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful, peaceful, coastal quilt! Super job!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it! and it's so fun sewing for a certain celebrations like weddings and babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It turned out beautiful Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. This quilt was just adorable. Hugs Jofrid

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely quilt! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It definitely feels like a beach quilt. The tiles almost remind ,e of beach glass. I also really like the color changes in the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to make this quilt. Just looking at it makes be happy and peaceful. Is there a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sublime, darling. She must just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow heather, it is really lovely, and the photography is great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. absolutely love this. beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS