Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today class…

I would like to tell you a story about a girl named Silly. She was a clever girl (even though her name could allow people to assume otherwise) however, she always seemed to find her way through the big, scary world. It was only recently that she had a bit of a stumble and fell down. Silly found herself looking around as if she had become lost in an imaginary place (a very strange world indeed).

See, Silly noticed in her 30’s that not all is what it seemed to be. In truth she found it perplexing as she circled for the knowledge that her other Friends; like Disciplined, Consistent and Stable seemed to know and be doing in this new age. It was a strange activity called running. What was this sweaty, tiring hobby that these girls had picked up and were now continuously doing? Silly only preferred to spend her time sewing, reading and drinking of the sweet booze. It was such a strange concept to her. To NOT do these things in order to partake in this otherwise, awful time sucker?

But then the world seemed to stop spinning around Silly and she saw a straight path of truth, clear as day (could have been the morning after a nice bottle of wine??? That part of the story is still unclear.) And Silly looked down. And do you know what she found… a muffin top! Now kids, I’m not describing the soft, edible kind at your local Starbucks, I’m talking about the kind that sticks up and over your skinny jeans for all others to point out and ridicule.

That’s when Silly recognized what truly was going on around her; you see class, apparently you must do this “running” thing in your 30’s to avoid the terrible “muffin top” from growing on your body. Who knew, Silly always assumed like in her 20’s and teen’s, she could continue to eat and drink anything without falling victim to this disturbing bodily growth.  Yeesh…

So, class… the moral of this story is quite simple. Silly pulled up her big girl panties, then ran 5.5 miles today, has recently lost a dress size, and all while still being able to indulge in some tasty wine this evening (and many others of course!) with her husband, all because she picked herself up when she had a little stumble and ran.  Thus YOU all can too!

(cause Silly secretly cusses the entire time while doing thus nonsense!  hehehehe...)


Ps… Silly also finished a quilt this week. (Wink, wink)

Xo, Heather

23 comments:

  1. Oh your killing me, so funny...yet so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Silly...you and I both have learned a new lesson about our 30's! While I am not a runner...I will take on the workout videos that have collected dust on my book shelf for the last few years! Bye Bye muffin top...hello hot body (or at least non muffin top body)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you!You are so clever! You truly had me laughing outloud! Thank you! Thank you! We live in Molalla but obviously visit Portland often. Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really have no idea what you just said (clearly I must need a bottle of clarity - or maybe a jug, wink), but 1) love the new quilt! And 2) I farted the entire time I read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Silly, I'm in the same position except I haven't started running yet!...(Hey 30s, you suck the big wahooky!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Silly, just wait til you hit the 50's... ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Silly. I did not learn that lesson in my 30's. Now that I am 50 my muffin top has grown into a bakers dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Silly and I would have been great friends if I still lived in Portland. I'm in my 30's and am realizing that 2 kids worth of baby weight isn't going to come off by it's self!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in my twenties and I have to run to keep the muffin top at bay. I guess that's what happens when you have a baby at 22.

    Good for Silly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Silly my dear, it appears we are in the same boat. Perhaps we should go rowing together? It is just a shame that sewing doesn't burn more calories. But the dreaded Bernina Butt is an even worse shame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wth is running? never heard of it, it won't catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Silly, YOU are awesome!!!!!! I stared running in my 30's and am still running in my mid-40's!!!!!! The quilt is super cute ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny! Congrats on the running and the missing dress size!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post. It made me smile SO BIG! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT! You are a crack up. I'm trying to figure out who I am on your list since you just listed Elizabeth or Joan (Disciplined, Consistent and Stable) three times.

    HAHA!!

    Love the new playlist too. I'm working to it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah - one of these days I probably should do something about this muffin! Now, I'm not only jealous of your projects but running too! What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so cute and funny! As a runner myself, I know when I started my fabric/quilt obsession I gained a good 20 lbs because I didn't have that much free time in life and I cut out the running!!!! Now I've hit an even bigger age than YOU and believe me, it's freakin' impossible to stay in shape! Instead of a muffin top, I have spare tire syndrome. And I used to wear a size FOUR. (not anymore). Proud of your weight loss and dress size and big/little girl panties!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are silly....but I would like to fit into some of my jeans so I might have to join Silly on this crazy running quest - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm trying...but it's 100 degrees here UGH

    ReplyDelete
  20. I laughed the silent laugh that only dogs can hear!! i need to take Silly's lesson to heart!

    <3, meg

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm with you! This post really made me laugh. I just started the Couch 2 5K program... week two already! I'm pretty surprised that my lungs have held out so far!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS