Friday, June 17, 2011

wow... really??

it's pretty embarrassing that i didn't even recognize how long it had been since i blogged last, until i received a kind push from a reader yesterday! LOL Kinda makes me think about what i just recently found in my house too!... on my living room lamp, no less...!!! hahahha... can you tell i've been a bit preoccupied??? yeesh... i am the worst lately!

but, that my friends... is this time of year, the transition into summer ( hence last of your child/school obligations to fill within a 2 week time! ). Luckily, we are done and i'm very proud to say my oldest, kept his 4.0 the entire year! which then gave his Mama ( that'd be ME! ) my bumper sticker!! Such a proud moment when i slapped that mother on the back of the o'le station wagon! hehehe....

i also decided that i couldn't stand to work in my cluttered studio anymore, not even for one more stinkin day! so i ripped everything out of it and built a new little sitting area! thanks Ikea... you've treated me well once again, bless you!

i wish i could say i've had more time to sew, but in the big picture... i've only made a few pillow covers...

played with Monica's new Happy Mochi Yum Yum!! ( which kicks ass! )...

and started a new quilt... the very fabulous Japanese + & X!! this one may end up being one of my all time favorites that i've done! check out the Flickr group for more inspiration and directions on how to make yours!

i hope you guys are getting more sewing done than myself, cause lord knows... it's a bit pathetic over here right now! hahaha... don't worry though, at least i'm not in denial over my short comings! Today's a perfect example of that! i should be finishing up projects, but instead i'm off to a tattoo parlor with some of my favorite Fabric Designers images to start my sleeve. enough said, right??? LOL

have a great weekend kids and celebrate those Daddy's!! X, H

20 comments:

  1. And yet, you've still sewn more than me... I see there are two chairs in your sitting area - can I come sit for a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Japanese + & X

    I have not seen this pattern before and I really like it! I love the fabric you used. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that wonky star type block - does it have a name! Your Japanese quilt is looking fab too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, I wanna see pics of your new tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see what tattoo's you're getting.
    The +&x quilt is such a fab block, I finished mine and kinda want to make one again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking...huh I wonder what that alamode chick is up to lately, maybe kids?? I was right!

    Good to see you again and have fun with the tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what a great idea for tattoo inspiration! I'm starting to think about my next one and struggling to decide what type of image to go for...I may look through my fabric stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been in the same boat as you. Our house looks like school supplies exploded everywhere and I have been neglecting things just to get a little sewing time in. Love the new quilt! We missed you last night. See you in Sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo, you brave mama. Can't wait to see your tats. Congratulations on your clever boy and flashy new bumper sticker!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny how your followers get the same idea at the same time. I almost sent you an email yesterday myself asking if you were ok but decided to give you one more day. Glad to hear all is ok, just really busy. Congratulations Momma on that bumper sticker. AWESOME! (I wanna know where MY bumper sticker is. :( Evidentially they don't give those out in law school when a student makes the Deans List as my son did last semester. LOL)

    Sewing room looks awesome! SUPER jealous. I couldn't fit a tiny step stool for a 2yr old to sit on much less two great chairs like you have and that awesome rug.
    I LOVE IKEA and am very grateful there are two stores near me. Thankfully the closest of the two takes us 1 1/2 hrs to get there so it helps to keep me from spending too much money there. It's ok though; I make up for that with each trip. And then too, The Container Store is right around the corner from IKEA so that is where I leave even more of our money.

    Have a great weekend and yea, you might wanna check out that lamp. LOL Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors on your pillows. :D

    And I don't think it's pathetic at all, this time of year, to not get much sewing done when you have young kids at home. It'd be pathetic if you *were* getting a ton of sewing done. ;D Those kiddos won't be around for all that long in your life, and spending time actually doing things with them builds irreplaceable relationships that will last your entire lifetime. Plenty of summers in the future to get tons of sewing done in!!

    And gigantic kudos for that 4.0!! To your son and to you! Takes parents backing a child for them to succeed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. girl, i'm right there with you. the to-do/finish stack is a mile high, but i'm nowhere in sight. ack! but its good to see you here, regardless. your new curtains are frigging perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blocks and pillows - but I just love your little sitting area! Aren't those Poang chairs wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Must...not...start...another...quilt.......!!!! I love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monday I'm getting my new one on my upper thigh. I am getting my butt out in Houston. You betcha.

    You are a dirty beeatch with that spidey web. Filthy.

    Oh - but yay on kiddo and his 4.0 average. Must take after his mama, yep? xxx Missing you. Maybe I'll text you today. But not now coz it's the night and you'll cuss at me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the start of your new quilt, the block is so great. Sewing room looks purty... and a new tattoo? Fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sewing room looks great! And a tattoo, you must show us soon lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot wait to see your new tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your new pillows! My sewing table is gathering dust at the moment. And must see new ink once it's done :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey, we all understand how busy life gets - no worries! love that block & pillows! look forward to seeing your tattoo!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS