Friday, May 20, 2011

one word.

laminates. lOVE them! lOVE. period! this fabric is an Oregonian's dream... we have a little something we like to call, "rain" here... have you heard of it??? yeah, well we usually get it, oOOOoohhh... say, nine months out of the year! yuck, right???... but this Market i was introduced to laminates by Jennifer Pagenelli of Sis Bloom and my life changed! Not only does a TRUE Oregonian except the rain, they learn to like it... or they move (we don't like adult crybabies). true. But, this little invention (which i realize may only be new to me! hahaha...) is going to make my attitude about said topic, so much easier to live with!

couple things i didn't know... so, maybe you all didn't either??? laminates are not oilcloth. it's thinner, soft, and easy to sew with! i whipped up a slouchy { River } bag today for a darling friend of mine's birthday next week... and i think it took me all of about an hour! and knowing this nutty friend, who digs hiking and going to our beautiful rivers with her 5 kids all summer... this is the perfect bag for her! it won't get DIRTY! seriously!... this is slick stuff!! ( ha! get it... slick???... )

it's just so right! here's to the beginning of summer! Xo, Heather

12 comments:

  1. I think I know that momma of 5 (pretty sure) and she'll love it!! Nice job. I'm very happy so many companies are issuing laminates. Great deck table tablecloths. I'm with ya on the rain up here in Vancouver. You just gotta embrace the H20 baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. living in a state that has had rain for two straight weeks with more headed our way, i could use one of these bags for sure!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy to sew with you say? Gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! perfect fabric for the Wet-coast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to get some of the laminates to make a rain coat for my Granddaughter. I just recently learned it was much more pliable and thinner than the old fashioned tablecloth oilcloth which is what I thought it would be like. Now that you've said the same thing I'm even more thinking it would be great.

    Great looking bag. Would be great for almost anything, even a great beach bag since your car isn't going to get wet bringing the wet towels and suits home from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really love this bag!! Are you selling them?

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my Great Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

    You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving that so many designers are coming out with laminates too - they make super cute zippered pouches too! Echino's oilcloth is a bit thicker but I love their designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to look for this! It sure seems like a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful bag! We've had lots of rain up here in New England the last couple of weeks. Could have used one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, I'm with Poppyprint up here in the wetcoast of B.C. so the thought of laminate is pretty appealing...and so pretty! Will have to check that out! It's sews easy, you say? Hmmmm.... this Momma needs a new bag for summer+kids daytrips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up in Oregon near Portland... that laminate fabric sounds really cool. Does it make good diaper covers, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bag...is this your creation or a pattern? Any tips for sewing with laminates? What size needle and thread are you using? Lisa in Texas

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS