Monday, May 2, 2011

May Madness!

Officially it started yesterday, but who wants a kick off to start on a Sunday?? Right??? Okay then. But it’s game time kids! Mama needs sheds some lbs before summer truly hits, needs to spring clean (which includes more destashing!), and dive into the writing process of her “secret project”. ( i'm been clearing out that mess of a sewing space to make seating area for friends this summer to enjoy with me... i grabbed my all time favorite fabric from Ikea this weekend to make new curtains for the space! )

( my collectible fabrics have been reorganized and waiting for their instructions... should i go or should i stay??? )

So, I’ve had to make some tough choices to keep myself on track and be an adult. Yeesh… Even typing that word scares me! Hahaha… this is the last month that my blog will be a sponsored blog. I adore and have the most amazing relationships with my sponsors, but with all things considered… I truly felt I couldn’t support them the way they deserve to be through this time. I also will be backing off of the amount of posts on my blog too. Much as I would love to sit around and dilly-dally all day long, I’m just not going to have that luxury for a bit. However, my side bar will always lead you to another party… They are truly the cleverest crafters I’ve met. ;) ( speaking of parties... Miss Angela finished my STP quilt and now i need only to bind it before i can have a "special fling" with my boy toy wrapped up in it! )

Now, I know I have the best readers ( FRIENDS ) out there in La-bloggy-land and I do hope you’ll hang with me during this!.... cause, it’s kinda like being grounded as a teenager for a month and hoping you still get the big invite to “Josh’s Summer Kick Off Party” when you’re freed! you know, you knowwhat i mean, hugh! LOL ( a blessed reader sent me this trinket last week! i soOOOooo lOVE it! )

( and just for kicks... i've decided my new Hillary hair more resembles some kinda butchered Farrah cut now! but, i think i've i finally embraced the fugly and just laugh at the entire event! ) ;)

XO, Heather

19 comments:

  1. that quilt looks too cool. Show me more!!!

    And i still love the hair. So there.

    I'll be here waiting on ya chicken. Have fun not being so 'here' ;)

    xxx

    Seriously - word veri is toplas. That is you all summer long on the beaches. Or maybe not because you lot frown upon it doncha over there...it's what we do, us hussy Europeans. Still - get toplas under the quilt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't think it's fugly but certainly NOT what you were expecting right? Are you going to spring market? I am hoping to meet up with you if you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes. Summer. Warmth. Shorts. Flip flops. sigh.
    look forward to seeing when you have time and knowing you are busy when we don't see you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, a secret project sounds fun! love that ikea writing fabric, I just bought some and though it would make fantastic curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit you not posting as much makes me a bit sad. I always love seeing your posts.

    LOVE the little gift you got. I ADORE Dolly Mamas and have almost all of those machine embroidery designs so far. That's where you can find me hanging out actually is at the Embroidables message board as I am the moderator there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your writing process!! We'll still be hanging around hoping you'll come out to play when you're finished :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Me to, The 6th month is my last month as well. I feel ya on the commiment. We have talked about it so many times glad you finally feel comfortable with a decision.

    You go girl take some time for yourself for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not getting the fugly hair. It's cute! And it looks easy to maintain.

    Good luck with the writing process on your top secret project. I've often thought that sometimes blogging can become something of an obligation and I can see how having sponsors can contribute to that and take up a lot of time. There is a time for everything and sometimes the time isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting wrapped up in blogging and the internet can suck my day away in a snap! Seriously, good for you girl! I am trying harder to devote more of my attention to my house and kids when I am actually home, and not hiding on the internet LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quick thought on the hair thing - 1. you can totally rock it and I think it's quite fetching. 2. Lush makes this hair moisturizer/balancer stuff called R&B. I live in the frizz and dry capitol of the world (China), and couldn't get by without it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I also say you make that hair look cute. ;D Have fun with your writing. We will love your posts when you can put them up - no obligation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair's cute Heather - it'll grow back sooon if you really don't like it!!

    The chair in your sewing room looks very comfy I like it lots. Have fun with your 'time off'

    Don't forget to call for me when you can play out again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, sounds like you have a good plan goin' on there kiddo! Don'cha just LOVE secret projects?

    I, too, like the short hair, but I know it isn't what you expected. I had an assistant once that went to beauty school once upon a time. They all practiced on each other ~ you can see where this is going, right? ~ and she was going to get a perm done to her gorgeous, long, blonde hair. They had it all up in perm rods & she was just waiting for the timer to go off...when she her a sort of 'plop!', then another & another....!!! The girl who did her perm grabbed the peroxide instead of the perm solution & it was the curlers - with all her hair wrapped on them - hitting the floor that she was hearing!!!! I think she said only about 3/4" was salvageable! Pretty traumatic for an 18 year old hottie!
    But, at least hair grows back....! At least yours is still cute :^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your secret project and hurray for you for listening to your gut instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is often hard when we change our look- especially when it is not the way we envisioned. Having said that, I think your new haircut looks great- it shows off your lovely eyes and great smile.
    I love the gift your friend sent- it is a great expression and I remind myself of it when I am feeling overwhelmed or fearful. It somehow is calming to me.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  16. how the heck do you know mazzy star? You are so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair looks gorg!

    Have fun with obligation free posting!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turkish Underwearing desing
    www.yoncatoptan.com
    If you wisit me , I will be glad:)
    :)
    :):)
    :):):)
    :):):):

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS