Wednesday, April 6, 2011

shameless romance....

you all know i luv ya right!??? so don't take it personal that the sweet essence of romance swept me off my feet this week, k! completely head over heals shamless romance that makes your toes curl... if you haven't, please take the time to treat your filthy cougar hearts to the "Highlander Series" by Karen Marie Moning!!! now this is good shiz! ( a little man candy for you,... this very fine Wednesday morning! ha!... check out those guns! whew!!)

okay, anyways... ( self, stay on track... finish blog post! ) i did have grand plans of design, functionality, and fabulousness fabric-ness that i'd be making these past few days... well, before those damn faux Scott's men took over my fleeting heart! but alas... not much happened kids... besides the patter of my heart... save me! xoxoxo.... the most i've been able to accomplish is accepting mail and working a bit on my { Modern } Relief - Japan quilt... yeesh... you'd think i'd never been kissed by a boy before the way i heart these books! haha!!

and as if fate wasn't cruel enough by bringing those books to my door... miss Karrie decides to drop the Adele bomb on me... i don't even know if i like her anymore now! absolute treachery, i tell you! somebody better send me roses ( or at least a fan! )... stat! this could be considered blasphemy! friggin breathless....

There's a fire starting in my heart, Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark Finally, I can see you crystal clear. Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare. See how I leave, with every piece of you Don't underestimate the things that I will do. There's a fire starting in my heart, Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark The scars of your love, remind me of us. They keep me thinking that we almost had it all The scars of your love, they leave me breathless I can't help feeling... We could have had it all... (you're gonna wish you, never had met me)... Rolling in the Deep (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep) You had my heart inside... (you're gonna wish you)... of your hand (Never had met me) And you played it... (Tears are gonna fall)... To the beat (Rolling in the deep) Baby I have no story to be told, But I've heard one of you and I'm gonna make your head burn. Think of me in the depths of your despair. Making a home down there, as mine sure won't be shared. The scars of your love, remind me of us. They keep me thinking that we almost had it all The scars of your love, they leave me breathless I can't help feeling... We could have had it all... (you're gonna wish you never had met me)... Rolling in the Deep (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep) You had my heart inside... (you're gonna wish you)... of your hand (Never had met me) And you played it... (Tears are gonna fall)... To the beat (Rolling in the deep) Could have had it all Rolling in the deep. You had my heart inside of your hand, But you played it to the beat. Throw your soul through every open door (Whoa) Count your blessings to find what you look for (Whoa-uh) Turn my sorrow into treasured gold (Whoa) You pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow. (You're gonna wish you... Never had met me) We could have had it all (Tears are gonna fall... Rolling in the deep) We could have had it all ( you're gonna wish you... never had met me) It all. (Tears are gonna fall) It all It all (Rolling in the deep) We could have had it all (you're gonna wish you, never had met me) Rolling in the deep (Tears are gonna fall rolling in the deep) You had my heart inside... (you're gonna wish you)... of your hand (Never had met me) And you played it... (Tears are gonna fall)... to the beat (Rolling in the deep) We could have had it all ( you're wish you never had met me) Rolling in the deep (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep) You had my heart inside... ( you're gonna wish you)... of your hand (Never had met me) But you played it You played it. You played it. You played it to the beat.

good grief... i may need to throw romance in the trash for a bit!..., so i can get some work done ( and by work... i mean get off my ass and make something clever! ) wink - wink!

Xo, Heather

26 comments:

  1. I love a good romance I will definitely be looking into these books. I have a recommendation of my own - The Lords of the Underworld Series by Gena Showalter. Romance with a supernatural twist - and these guys are HOT! I couldn’t put them down and I am still hanging for the next in the series to come out. At least now I have something else to read while waiting - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilt...and the guns on that boy. Maybe I need some Highlanders? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it was youuuu! I bought a couple of those Fever books on recommendation by someone who blogs. I forgot who it was. Now it must have been you. Mind you, I have yet to get to reading them what with a 3yr old and a newborn plus all things housey and crafty in between. I'll get there...eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the colorful squares mix with a spattering of white ones. It gives the eye a nice place to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than reading a great blog post while listening to Adele's sweet, sweet voice! Bravo Mrs. Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out that series, a friend of mine from hs told me about them to learn more about my roots in Scotland. He lmk they were more interesting to read compared to the regular history books. His wife told him so,LOL! The quilt is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl! You need some shameless time with all that you've been doing. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, love, love ( would 3 loves be too many? ) the Highland Series. Many a dirty dish has piled while I wallow in my Celtic addiction. Have you discovered Kresley Cole's Immortal's after Dark series? If not, I encourage you to run, not walk, to your nearest bookstore to pick up the 1st in the series " A Hunger like no Other." OMG Why do I need a boyfriend when I can have a Scottish werewolf?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love KMM's Fever book series and I keep meaning to try the Highland series, I guess I have to now after that recommendation. ;)
    I love the quilt top, I would love to use so much white on a quilt. However having an eleven year old son who can be a little clumsy and a black dog who constantly sheds and can open every door in the house except for the front door but including the fridge.
    A white quilt in my house would be ruinned by the end of the day, I love seeing them though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm working my way through the Fever series! I'll have to try the Highlander books next. Thanks for the recommendation. Also, I love your Echino quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, Adele is going to be in Seattle in June, and somehow I didn't even hear about it until it was sold out. I heard one of her songs a little over two years ago while driving across the 520 bridge in Seattle (I still remember), and since then I've been hooked on her voice and her music!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES & YES to both LOTW and Immortals After Dark!

    I have read them all very happily! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Check out Adele in this recent live performance at the Brits http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemWRToNYJY
    tears to your eyes and all down your face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I just finished up the fever series which i believe I found through you anyway - I blame you for all my recent book addictions (ha ha :P ~ Anyway, i just started w/ these highlanders on audiobooks and then discovered that they prequel the fever books (sort of) let me tell you that the dude performing has a veeeeerry nice scottish brogue. Anyway, anyway, love the quilt. I just finished mine up last night. Gotta get some piccies soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE Adele.
    You're so frickin' awesome to make such an outstanding quilt for Japan Relief. I've got my hopes up for that one for sure....and if I win it, I'm shipping it off to a little girl in Japan, pronto. Heart you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The answer is audio books! listen and sew all day- all night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you read the Outlander Series by Diane Gabaldon?
    At Powels you have to find it in the Sci-fi Romance Fantasy section, I know who knew that was a section. It's soooooo good!! It starts in the 50's in Scotland and ends up in the Highlands in the 18th century.

    Then there's your quilt I love it! I wish we could just trade because I want to win your's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a big fan of both Diana Gabaldon and Karen Marie Moning - Highlands and Fever series! I highly recommend checking out KMM's audio books. Phil Gigante, the narrator, is just as fabulous! You can hear samples at audible.com. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. o.k. You know I love you so I'm keeping it real- if you can tame him how much of a Warrior is he? That is the cheesiest book I have ever seen.
    On the other hand your Quilt is LOVELY! And Adele is a musical Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why are romance novels such a draw?!! It's so easy to get whisked away! I love your simple blocks too! What a beauty! :) I'm inspired by your honesty, too! Thanks for admitting your current obsession! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that song!

    Thanks for the eye candy!

    Oh, and the quilt looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the Highlander series! have you read her Fever series yet?

    love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  23. goodness girl....I am just now almost finished with ShadowFever....now if I could just sell that series and buy the Highlander :)
    LOVE the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  24. Before I started nursing school I reviewed romance books for an online site. I remember some of the books I reviewed - they stuck with me for some reason. I remember hers because it was so good and one of her first (actually I think it was her first).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for playing Adele's song on your blog...I heard it on the radio a few months ago and fell in love with it. I could not figure out what it was or who it was AND NOW I KNOW!!! Thanks! Mystery solved.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Adele. I was hooked the first time I heard her voice about a year or so ago. My kiddos were watching MTV one day while I was sewing. I heard this awesome song and stopped what I was doing because I had to see what girl had that great big voice. That girl can sing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS