Monday, March 14, 2011

such a star.

ha! sometimes... it's the little things that can really brighten your spirits! i lOVE paper piecing like nobodies business... and thought adding a little organization to my favorite o'le sit on my bootie hobby, would look kinda nice. ;) hence my new pouchie... she's such a star!

then a little delivery arrived this weekend from Wonderous Woven Fabrics! i've been waiting for the Max & Whiskers since Fall Market!! isn't that the sweetest little modern print for boys! i'm in heaven!!!

i have also decided living in a bug free house is also, kinda special. we had a lovely little visit from some delightful ant's these past couple days... and being the host i am, i sprayed those SOB's with a crazy ass amount of deadly chemicals until they all shriveled up and died. then i danced on their graves! it really was quite the event. i know your jealous... try not to resent me for it, k! i think it's fair to say, i don't really care for unexpected guests... you??? xo, Heather

15 comments:

  1. I get them every year (ants, not cute fabrics, lol) and Terro kills 'em and does it very well. You can spray the perimeter of your house and keep the bad stuff out of it. That is our plan this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the grade 7 dance flashbacks I got while listening to your latest audio, I do heart your sweet new sewing pouch! Faboo star! And ants, ick. You gotta find out where they are coming in and sprinkle cornstarch there...they don't like walking through it 'cuz it sticks to their hairy little ant legs. Gross!
    haha, my word verification is KILLESPL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your pouch! it is so sweet! that boy fabric is fantastic. and i am glad you killed the ants and danced on their graves. it makes me happy! the fly's are coming out of their winter slumbers here and i love squishing them beneath my feet before they have a chance to fly away. they are still to frozen to fly away fast. ha ha ha suckers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pouch-the star is so fun and the hand stitching is perfect! I've never caught the hexie bug but these diamonds might be calling my name. Can you recommend a source for templates or instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i get all my paper piecing goodness at BFF's shop...

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewdeerlyloved

    she's got a great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the wee pouch. And you sound just like my lil' sister when it comes to insects ---THEY ALL MUST DIE!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are funny. :) You brightened my day with your 'antics'. :) It sounds like they got their just rewards, I give the same welcome (!) to slugs in the garden! 'Get off my plants!!' :) Love the fabrics and the pouch, that diamond star is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMM I really like that star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that star- never tried paper piecing before so maybe that would be a good place to start-

    Had to laugh at your ants comment- hate those things! Been there too.

    Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really awesome pouch! :) great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous little pouchie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my springtime ant invasion (that's my sarcastic voice ;) ) - and this whole stink bug thing has me running. Let me say how NOT happy I was to be woken (too early) the other morning by a little man yelling "MOM!! there's a stink-bug on the wall above my bed!!!!!!!!"
    Very cute fabrics and pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sympathize with ya. I live in VA and this year we can't get rid of stink bugs--ew. Love the colors and adorable quilting on your pouch!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS