Monday, March 7, 2011

it's not me... i swear!

like always, i find it's much easier to blame one's short comings on someone else. it's my favorite thing to do, really. for example... let's look at this weekend: i should have been doing laundry, dishes and such. but instead i received a new beautiful quilt pattern from a dearly loved friend and all priorities went out the window so i could play. Miss Kate (whom i have a major girl crush on for her swanky style) just released her first quilt pattern. And i know i must be a fan, because this is the first quilt i have EVER made using a pattern. true. I lOVE it... her attitude towards color staying the focus with a clean design... had my heart skip a beat! go on then... pop over to her blog and see her gorgeous quilt using this pattern!! it's seriously swanky shiz!

i also took the opportunity to not clean 4,000,000 Lego's this weekend, when my daddy called and said he needed a Kindle cover. truthfully, is there anything better than a little praise from your parents?? and yes, i realize how old i am. but once a daddy's girl, always a daddy's girl!

then when the mail arrived and i saw this fantastic gift from my darling friend Shelly!! i couldn't keep vacuuming the stupid floors... i had to fill up my new pouch with lots of goodies and then reorganize my couch sewing area!! what?? like you all don't have a little spot next to your favorite chair or couch full of mini projects??? haha... ;)

Luckily, i was a good girl and packaged up all my give-a-way fabrics early, cause when these spring-a-lious fabrics rolled up on Saturday... wull, let's just say... you all could have been waiting a little longer for your goodies! LOL

so, here's to making up for lost time this weekend! cheers kids, i'm off to be responsible! or at least try??? xo, Heather

17 comments:

  1. I love your kindle cover for your Daddy! My husband has just asked me to make one for his kindle and I'm searching for inspiration :) Beautiful quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic Heather! Gorgeous, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pouch!
    good job on that quilt..i'm working on my first big one now too

    ReplyDelete
  4. be responsible ??? Bleh! I don;t wanna grow up either so were even!

    Cute stuff girly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhhh Ive just cut up the fabric for this quilt and am weirdly excited at the prospect of an evening of sewing....very sad. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is mesmerizing! I have been moving the opposite direction to designing my own quilts but I love that pattern I might just have to get it. Also I think I was supposed to go to the grocery store today and now we don't have any food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I was in love with blue and red pairings, but that orange and blue mini that your friend made you is starting to make me wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that kindle cover is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duh, you'e so annoying :))). I did organise the 24 boxes with lego and it took me 3 days (monday included). No sewing pojects, no cleaning, lego only. But hey, once a year is enough. So next week end you'll have the lego and I'll take the glory. Mu-ha-ha :))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun and productive weekend!! LOVE all your projects!! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt. And hurray for ignoring boring 'jobs to do'!! Good job you made room for more new fabric eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Daddies Kindle cover!!! And I love not doing housework.. see... we love the same things... wink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was just thinking the other day that if I had enough time to sew more, I could make enough money to hire the housework done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your version of Kate's quilt! You clever pair :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colors POP! The simplicity of the pattern lets the color talk. I love that.
    Colorcrazed Custom Fabrics
    BOLD - The FREE E-zine for Blogging enthusiasts

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your quilt - such great colors (not ones I typically use - so this makes me think about branching out a bit more!!)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS