Wednesday, March 23, 2011

eeeek! i'm giddy!

where do i even begin??? i guess at the shamelessly embarrassing bottom... i have no ability to quilt using traditional blocks! i always want to flub them up with wonkiness or add in bits of improv accents... you know, sleaze them up with some modern flair. But after a long hard look at what i wanted to accomplish this year (in my personal sewing skills), i've decided to really embrace more of the traditional block patterns to see if i can pull them off! i do hope so! i know it sounds silly, but this was yesterdays first attempt at a regular Log Cabin... and i still added in an improv broader ( humph... ). well, i certainly tried! I do love the way it turned out though, but i'm going to try it again with no frills! i'm even glad that i still have a stock pile of Heather Ross gems to make my middles more fun while i try! look at that cute cowboy! I think i'll name this pillow { Stick um Up! } hahaha... i've even started a new virtual sewing bee with some lovely friends to require myself to follow through! You know... the whole timeshare idea! (wink, wink) i can't wait to get my hands all flithy, dirty in this land!! Who hoo!!

and i almost peed myself when i received these generous sized photo's from Miss Melody Miller and her Fab-a-licious girl Allison, on her up and coming Spring line today! holey heaven! the only way i can even describe my deep love for this (insert my description here - Retro English Masterpiece ) new line... is a lovely, foul curse word! i am just simply, madly even, in lOVE! period.

even her new blog button is fan-friggin-tastical!

OOohhh by now... you know i can't say no to a good party, right?? So, when Miss Erin asked me to join her Mug Rug Madness (Flickr group here) i couldn't bare to say no! plus, i get to give away my mug rug to one lucky winner too! here's a sneeky peeky on what i've been doing... read more about it on Friday when the tutorial ( yep, a freebie ) and the give-a-way kicks off!!

What a blast! i hope you all are having as much excitement as me! kiss, kiss kids! Xo, Heather

15 comments:

  1. Love the new line of fabric!!! So funny I just made my first log cabin although not a neat and tidy guy but a little improv alian and he's in the Mug Rug Madness flicker group. Your post always put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT to win your mug rug, your almost log cabin pillow is PERFECT and Melody's new line even surpasses her last if that is even possible, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the piecing on your log cabin - so fun!!! And, I love the way you quilted it - I just used the same quilting on a pillow and just loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE pillow! and the quilting on it. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoooooh... those fabrics are beautiful and your pillow is awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your log cabin is so cute!

    I'm giddy and speechless over Melody's new line! I've got to get saving some pennies in readiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so look forward to your post. They are so inspirational and upbeat. Love the new line of fabric. Your pillow is awesome! Do you have an etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEEEE!!! I. LOVE. Your. PILLOW! I'm gobsmacked by it!
    Thanks for the glimpse at Melody's new line... equally gobsmacking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pillow - a perfect mix of traditional and modern ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' the pillow and the new fabric line is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the quilting on this pillow - the colors are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun to see that you are part of the mug rug madness group!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that new fabric - and your pillow - but most of all - your new profile pic. LOVE!

    Also - every time I look at your actual blog (not through reader) I notice that you have a new song on there that I've been listening too. I swear - we have the exact same taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your work is so amazing. I LVOE that pillow. I wish I could take sewing classes from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pillow looks great! I saw the new line from Melody on her blog a couple of days ago. Its fab frickin licious isn't it??!! I still don't know what to make with the RSR I have!!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS