Wednesday, March 9, 2011

assumptions.

assumptions can get you into a wee bit of trouble! You know how the saying goes... when you assume: you make an (ass) out of (u) and (me)... risky business, really! so, it's been a precarious time for me and my favorite post on others { expose - the unknown crafter }. My whole thought process surrounding this post was to highlight some "less-followed" earth shaken, fabulous crafters who inspire me and { i think } would inspire you. In this idea i've always tried to choose blogs that had a few hundred followers, in the assumption that they may be fresh talent for you all to drool over. my bad. it seems we all run in a fairly small sewing circle, so i think i'm going to expand my original idea. By definition - Expose means: expose vb (tr) 1. to display for viewing; exhibit 2. to bring to public notice; disclose; reveal to expose the facts 3. to divulge the identity of; unmask So... that is what i plan to do. i will now { Expose } - the Featured Crafter. Please meet Miss Penny from the very, swanky Sew Take a Hike blog! I adore Penny of a personal level, but her mad sewing skills blow my mind away!! if she has some how slipped through the cracks of your readership... you MUST correct the mistake promptly, or you'll be missing out on some sick inspiration! Enjoy my kids!! She makes random fabrics sewn together mouth watering! if she wasn't such a dollface... i'd really hate her! xoxo

( and yes, i was quite jolly at the time of our picture!... open bar! LOL ) fant-friggin-tastic, yeah! xo, Heather

17 comments:

  1. You're so funny! I read lots of blogs, and most of your exposed crafters have been new to me! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is truly talented. I also greatly enjoy her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little plant is my favorite! Looking forward to more exposes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whole idea of giving lesser known bloggers and crafters a spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading Penny's blog for a while. She's full of fresh ideas and got loads of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great projects...thanks so much for "exposing" her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the projects! Ooo you have some great music on your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series. But may I suggest- gasp- that "crafter" means more than just amazing sewers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Penny! She's having a retreat in April here in Colorado if any of you can come! Can't wait to learn some of her awesome piecing techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing! I love to see what others are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love penny and her so cool stuff! I love that her work is so recognizable, you can tell it's hers just by looking at a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart Penny's work, too! Love all of her scrappy piecing to wondrous effect, especially her incredible ticker tape quilt. Sweet pic of you 2, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Penny's original, footed pincushion and LOVE it! You must say HI to her from me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love penny! SEWTAKEAHIKE is a daily read for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, thanks for the shout out, Heather! And yeah, we both look way jolly in that photo huh? We totally need to get a new, updated svelte photo of us together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been following Penny for a while now and just love everything she does! I especially like that alien plant thing she recently sewed up! Lucky enough to have made that cute little pincushion a few times for gifts and everyone loves it! She is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing that, i adore Pennys work and creativity, too!! and she looks like a very fun person..
    claudia

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS