Thursday, February 10, 2011

good times!

i've had quite a bit of good times this week! i've finally been able to work on this fabulous quilt top that miss Nova sent me last year! i lOVE the wonky string quilt with the Anna Maria Horner fabrics!! i just have to finish up stitching the binding and it's crinkle time! ;) Thanks Nova!! it will always be treasured in my home!

i have also just finished up my last 2 virtual quilting bee blocks! and by last 2... i mean { both } rounds are now over. ;P i can't say enough about how wonderful it is to participate in a VQB... they build skills, introduce new friends, and always keep you inspired! if you have yet to join one, jump over here and shake & bake! they are a party!! Amanda's - [Bee]-autiful Quilting Bee

Nettie's - { Bee } Imaginative - A Virtual Quilting Bee

i also, had my first Tutorial for the Pillow Month featured on

Sew Mama Sew!

and...

Suzy won my heart with this suggestion ( it really was a perfect match ) and since she mentioned it first... she's my pick! Suzy, send me your addy and your favorite color! xoxo bulabean said... I was going to suggest Shyla but someone beat me to it! Sweet hot yams in the urban dict. ..Very funny :)

Thanks for all your suggestions... they were REALLY funny!! haha ;)

XO, Heather

13 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt! Those fabrics do work well for that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this an absolutely gorgeous quilt!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt top gift!! The pillow month is great too - lots of inspiration, now all I need is time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Quilt top, Heather. I have not done any string piecing, but I should have a try! :) great way to use up some of the bits'n pieces in my stash. The pillow is great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'll have to shout a bit louder to be heard from this side of the pond, lol. Never mind, congrats to bulabean - great minds think alike ;)
    I can't stop looking at Nova's quilt top - it is just so, so beautiful!
    Your Urban Hug tute looks great, I think I might just have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna Marie Horner top---so **jealous** Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that quilt makes me weak in the knees!! :) So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilting you chose for this quilt !....Nice work !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing quilt!! Do you know of a good tutorial or do you have any suggestions for the best way to quilt using such straight lines? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl, your music list is ridiculous!! Love it all. You have great taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you sew with a MC 3500? Mine just died - after 13 years of hard use. I cried as I dealt with that loss. I loved that machine! Your projects are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You pair the best colors together but you had my heart using all the gray!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS