Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bloggers' Block-a-Palooza #7 - bring it!

the name: Orange you glad I chose a nine-patch! the mission: To put together a simple block,thus resulting in your brain resting up for the remainder of my peer's (much more) thought provoking and skill building blog hop blocks! enjoy!... xoxo

the speech: ting, ting, ting... (said in a very distinguished voice)... i would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Quilt Dad for bringing us together on this epic journey { Blogger Block-A-Palooza }, through the gorgeous land of Sweetwater-Sunkissed by Moda, with the most amazing team of bloggers and additionally, for going above and beyond by providing us with the beauty of the Flickr Group to share our creations (clears throat - very emotional). Now on to business... ;) the Nitty Gritty: Moda Bella Solids Lime 9900 75 5 - 2.5" square Sunkissed Multi 5442 16 5 - 2.5" square Sunkissed Pink Sorbet 5447 14 5 - 2.5" squares Sunkissed Misty Grey 5446 15 5- 2.5" squares

Sunkissed Orangesicle 5443 23 4- 4.5" squares the deed: grab your fabric kids! these are my selections, but if you used an alternative to Sweetwater-Sunkissed fabrics... try to coordinate your color values to match (then we can be twinsies... sorta!) ;)

Using the Nitty Gritty guide, cut your 20 - 2.5" squares.

Next cut your needed 4 - 4.5" squares.

Arrange your squares. This will keep it visually easy to track your process.

Starting with your 4 patch squares, sew together using a 1/4" seem, and press open.

Lining up your seems, pin in place and sew together.

Press open and place it back in your arranged square, until all the 4 patches are sewn.

sew your 4-patch blocks to your 4.5" squares by placing them (right side to right side) and using 1/4" seem.

Press your seems and return them to the arranged block.

Lastly, sew your strips together and press the seems open to finish the construction. You've now finished block #7 !! Easy Peasy, right!

the PDF: here. Next up... Thursday, February 17 Block #8: Angela Yosten Moda Home Mom

Thanks for shopping... hope to see you soon! LOL the Valentine: as per my regular { MO }... i will leave you with these slices of sweet Valentine's heaven! I send out only the best virtual cards to my peeps!! ;) and yes, i'm quite sure you're thinking, " why Heather, how sweet of you to send me soOOoooo many wonderfully touching Valentines!"... but, really they were all so friggin hilarious, i could make up my mind!! i do hope one speaks to your heart as they all did to mine!! LOL kiss, kiss!

okay, okay... you caught me... i do have a favorite! this one is just too rich not to be given to friends! Have a wonderful Valentines day kids!

XO, Heather

24 comments:

  1. you are high-larious, you know that? great block, btw. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your post! Happy V Day, girl. Thanks for the great block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too too funny - the valentines - not the block girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, love the Valentines cards! :)
    It is already Valentines Day here in Australia. My DH is taking me to a Chinese restaurant for dinner- I guess we could celebrate Chinese New Year at the same time-LOL.
    Lovely block, by the way! Sandy.
    sandangels1945@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, I'm not seeing the card you sent to us?
    Love the blocky-poo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are to much my friend..... That is why I love you SEW much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just adore the Sweetwater Sunkissed fabric??!:) Reminds me of innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost peed my pants reading those. Thanks for the giggles. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to get started on your new block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great block for a Monday morning, colorful and not too complicated! Thanks!!
    And I love those Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great block! Can't wait to make it, can't wait to see what all the peeps do with it! This is gonna be great!
    Happy VD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the colours in the block. Love love love the post for the block. Thanks for the many laughs, this block will be a joy to put together. j-j

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for an easy block. I love it. Happy V Day. Your such a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, this block is just what I needed this week!
    Loved the V-day cards... I'm sending the "watching tv" one along to my husband...

    ReplyDelete
  15. the cards are awesome! love the block too of course, but the Valentines ... your posts are awesome!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, those e-cards are hilarious! Can't wait to get started on your block!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy heart day. I treated my stash to some lovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Valentine's Day! As a single mom to grown children, you're cards were the best one(s) I go (NONE :(!) Thanks for the easy peasy block too! I've added you to my follow list ~ I have a feeling you'll be a great friend!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so funny Heather. Really. The block is so great. You chose the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing a simpler nine patch! I was going wacky with all of the flying geese. It's a fun block to do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the simpleness of your block. It is still really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a little late, but great post! Wish I had seen those Valentines the day of. Oh, well, save em for next year. ;) Great block too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your blog... I shall be back..

    ReplyDelete
  24. So attractive!I can't wait to have a try!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS