Monday, January 10, 2011

MMmmmm... Sand Dollars!

i have been very ( not really ) patiently waiting for the arrival of more Essex natural Linen to finish up my echino quilt, but luckily while i do... i have an additional design wall to mess with! i think if i only had one... i'd be quite cranky, a LOT! ;) So, this weekend while stuck pretending to support my husbands football love... i grabbed my scrap bins, my template, and rotary blade... and went to work on my next quilt! a very, yummies in the tummies Scrappy Dresden! i think this should keep me plenty busy while waiting to finish up my other one! ( plus, i think everyone should have one of these in their collections! )

ps... i'm more than excited to be supporting & participating in { The Quilt Remix Blog Tour } on Jan 15th!! and one lucky duck will get the chance to win miss Emily Cier's new blook, hope to see ya!! Wanna join the party now...?? 1/10/11 - sewkatiedid 1/11/11 - pinkchalkstudio 1/12/11 - jaybirdquilts 1/13/11 - alliesinstitches 1/14/11 - ps i quilt 1/15/11 - ME!!! 1/16/11 - Connecting Threads 1/17/11 - whipstitchfabrics 1/18/11 - Cherri House 1/19/11 - trueup.net

XO, Heather

20 comments:

  1. You do such happy projects! They cheer me up just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look--ing good!!!
    but why are they called sand dollars???

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I've never been bothered by a Dresden quilt but seeing yours now................yep - another pattern I neeeeed to make added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are the colors I'm so in love with these days...

    those look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so very fun! These are going to be great all put together! I haven't been able to get over my OCD tendencies enough to try my hand at scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE my easy dresden ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love a scrappy quilt! I'm still building my scrap stash but it'll be so awesome when I can pull together a quilt from scraps one day.

    Will you appliqué the dresdens onto a foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made my very first dresden on Friday and it was easypeasy and actually quite fun! Since it's a single (not for a big quilt), I hand appliqued it to the background and it turned out sooooo nicely. Possibly habit forming. Are you going to leave yours round, or make pointy tips on your petals?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I have recently acquired a dresden wedge ruler, so of course this pattern is on my 2011 projects list... it just moved up closer to the top of that list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a part of the {Sew} Delighful Bee - and this month has been our Dresden month! I love seing other versions of them - and like your scrappy wheel version. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Gravy, I had no idea I would feel such affection for a dresden. I'm loving yours!! I am just getting all woozy in the stomach thinking of all I want to do this year and only 354 more days to do it in. This can't be healthy.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new design wall quilt looks great. I'm working on my first Dresden now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your selection of fabrics. I am really loving gray fabric these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! I picked up that same ruler b/c it was on sale one day but haven't used it. I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dresdens and they are certainly on my list. I just haven't got that far yet... Yours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! I love these. BTW I am loving the music on your blog, the songs are pretty much all on my iPod playlist :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. now.... how did I miss the starte of this event? so happy I found you tho - see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS