Monday, January 3, 2011

B.r.a.v.o.... Miss Pat!

can i just say firstly.... Happy New Year! and secondly... Thank YOU all for your kind words towards my very soon to be painful endeavor with the running! LOL I have taken all of your fantastic ideas and shown them to the boss ( my hubby ) which has secured a little supportive shopping trip!! perfection! hehe... now, can i also say B.r.a.v.o!!... to miss Pat Bravo herself, for her yummy Modern Affair! I knew i was going to love this quilt... not that i knew how it would come together or anything, but i loved her pattern/colors too much not to end up in deep lOVE! so... here she is in all here glory!! I really wanted to showcase how a simple design with a few extra touches ( patchwork binding & multi-kissed color quilting ) could bring a quilt together without a ton of business... i think it worked!

and you all better believe i have picked up some serious Stud fabric ( and by stud, i mean Mr. Ty Pennington's ) yum!!... i don't know what is hotter..??? Him or his new line??? haha!! my newest sponsor Marmalade Fabrics not only has the entire line, but very helpfully pulls the coordinating Kona Cottons to support each colorway! how fantastic is THAT??? and they are perfect match!! clever, clever!

OOOhh... and looky-look what's now on my design board!! E C H I N O!!... this is going to be such a hard quilt for me to remove from my wall!!! i just want to stare at all of those FABulous prints and i'm just sure once they are quilted, my boys will spill some yucky/ sticky goo on it and i'll cry thick tears! ;)

lastly, i was sooOOOoo touched to see this card arrive in the mail!! Kudos to US!! in 2010 we did make a difference!! Such an amazing achievement!! 2011 is going to seriously rock... i can just tell... and you can trust me on this too!! promise! LOL

xo, Heather

19 comments:

  1. Heather- Thanks for the intro to Marmalade Fabrics - what a great site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love World Vision! Such an amazing thing was done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - your quilts are phenomenal. Keep them coming. They are very inspirational.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts, and yummy fabric! And thank you for coordinating the modern relief project, and sharing the thank you card, I know my $10 was just a drop in the bucket, but it is such a good cause:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely quilts - like the multi coloured quilting =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Echino quilt is so gorgeous! I love the PB one too. You are a busy girl. As far as the running goes... running is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I cannot believe you . You are a machine!!!

    Thanx for keeping me on my toes already this year with project ideas :) I have so say great minds think alike I have enchino patchwork on my design board to shhh.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Modern Affair collection--I'm so sad I don't have any. Your quilt turned out great! I hope you don't get too many big spills on your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, are you doing the Couch to 5K? I tried that, and it really worked well. I'm not a runner at all, but I got halfway through it before life got crazy. I was actually enjoying running...which is kind of miraculous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to know how wide that binding is. It makes a smashing frame on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dang it... I love these... the echino, the quilt (the quilting!!!)...

    will you quit adding to my list?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the Echino on the design wall! Totally inspired me! In fact I just bought a fat quarter set of Echino prints! Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you use variegated thread? I love that! The quilting is awesome. That Echino quilt is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word you cannot and MUST NOT tempt me with any more fabrics - I am going to be broke and swamped at this rate. I do, however, have those Pat Bravo fabrics (to die for!) yet to be cut into and you have just inspired me - thank you thank you thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is gorgeous Heather! Love that straight line quilting with the multi colored thread too!

    I was looking at Ty's line too. Yes. I'm on a first name basis...hahah! I think I may have to get me some of that. Um. Fabric. Yeah. Fabric. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilts look fantastic Heather!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS