Monday, December 6, 2010

okay... let's blog!

i am definitely feeling like i'm getting back into the blog game! i even have my (wait for it...) OWN projects to show ya! LOL!! Although, some of the pictures are totally crappy from the cussing clouds here in Portland... what's a girl to do??? i finished my Urban Loft quilt top this week... and i LOVE how the Kona white & pepper framed in the lovely Anna Maria Horner "Innocent Crush" fabrics! Now, off to the long arms... it's super big and i'm thinking i'd love to have it quilted with words!! I'm not sure what they should say though... got any ideas??
i also made a Christmas Pillow for my brother's apartment!! this was a really fun project, since i've been itching to use some of this holiday fabric! OOohhh and of course i did a little shopping too!! can you just squeal... check out the letter prints i picked up! It's from a new line called "Word Play"... i'm loving them!! and my bestie miss Kerri sent me these fabulous diamond paper pieces for my Pillow Talk { Swap } 4 partner... and they are Fun ( with a capital F )!! they go together way more quickly then hexagons and they look really crisp! hello... stocking stuffers!! ps... if your looking for some yummy deals for the fabric lovers in your life through the holidays... Check out what Cathy from Wonderous Woven got going! {Through Sunday night, December 5th, 2010, get 30% off holiday fabrics, flannel fabrics & precut fabrics! Just be sure to use the discount code "warmup30" during the checkout process. Also, shipping will not be more than $3.75 during the month of December, for shipping in the US!} hope you're having a blast with all your holiday crafting too!! eeek... i wonder what i'll make this week! xo, Heather

22 comments:

  1. heather - LOVE it!!! i immediately thought of words for love - like crush, amore, love, affection, devotion etc. i think that would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the quilt top! So pretty -- quilted words would be awesome, maybe your favorite poem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore your quilt! As for words, well, how about song lyrics that remind you of a time when you had an innocent crush? I'm referring to the 80s for me so I'd choose "There is a light that never goes out" or something along those lines--anything that holds a fond memory for you. do you and your husband have "our song"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillow and the quilt great designs on both. I was going to do a similar theme with the same holiday fabric based off of a window pane theme! :) Glad you are feeling more in the swing of things. Have been hoping you are finding little rays of sunshine everyday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt top! As for words, I'm with Duff - song lyrics sound great to me :) And Word Play is a super fun collection, I've got some myself, but I can't quite seem to find the right project for it. Your pillow is adorable, too, I love that AH fabric you used, I must get my hands on some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt top....and quilting with words will be awesome. you can make it a mooshy quilt and use love words. but then every time your pissed off the quilt will annoy you with all it's love and sweetness!! Or maybe that would just be me, lol.

    adore the pillow, love your new fabrics and can't wait to see all the fun things you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the top! I love Chris' idea! Or you could totally play off the name of the fabric line - and do fun lines like "Do you like me? Check yes or no." Remember when we actually used to pass notes in class? Our poor kids are totally gonna miss out! Damn text messages! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE the quilt!! i think quilting words would be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I love the Merry Main Street pillow! I have a little bit of that fabric, I'm gonna have to try to make something like that. It's such great fabric, but doesn't lend itself to every project. The quilt is great--I love Innocent Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also just realized that is Jack Johnson singing Imagine...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pillow! What is the fabric? And AMH is da bomb, eh? I am hoping Santa brings me a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Words would be a lot of fun! Maybe like a diary entry about a young girl's crush (since the fabric is innocent crush)?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing love the design....words would be great..what about Live Love Laugh...in very big letters....cannot wait to see it quilted....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the print on the pillow. Is it an old or a current fabric? I also like the song idea for the quilt top that others suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah, words would be fab! How about your proposal story told from an observer's point of view of the convo..."he said...." then "she said...." Unless of course your story is sort of like mine which was basically 'marry me or move out pal'.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love that xmas pillow. Where is that fabric from? I love it. The quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know exactly what I'd loooove to have quilted all along my innocent crush quilt (in progress currently for my husband)- snippets from this poem "To his coy mistress" by Andrew marvell. (the poem is in it's entirety here: http://www.bartleby.com/105/62.html) If I had the luxury of having a long armer to do it I would! (ps - this poem is mentioned a few times in Audrey Niffineger's book "the time traveler's wife")

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I love that pillow! I found that fabric this weekend at Joann's and snatched up a yard of it with no specific project in mind - I just knew I had to have some! Your pillow is perfect for the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your star is beautiful. love the Christmas pillow--the fabric reminds me of a little painting i have from montmartre in paris from the 70's when we visited there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects! I love the pillow fabric! Your diamonds do look crisp, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful projects! The colors are so lovely. Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS