Friday, December 10, 2010

craft-a-licious!

is it just me, or is it more fun to craft during the holiday season even if you do have a HUGE amount of it on your plate??? i'm still in heaven!! i'm almost finished with my Pillow Talk { Swap } pillow and i'm really digging it! but, i will admit that i would stop now if it was my own ( i love simple ) pillows, but my partner may enjoy a little bit more hand work...??? Whatch thinky?? keep going or add a little more??

ps... that's aqua linen as the background fabric!! can you just squeal!! it's seriously fab-boosh!!! i got mine at the Fabric Quarter .... hello yummy softness!!! ;)

then my dear friend Mo went nutto's for these wreaths after seeing Amber's... which then made me go nutto's since all the examples were to die for! so, yesterday i started one... and i'm pretty sure i'm in BIG love! i even had a few extra minutes to add a couple more rows to my Modern Affair quilt... and i am seriously excited how it is turning out! i can't wait to put it all together!! don'tcha just hate it when time/ priorities only allows you to move at a snails pace when you really want to bust something out!?? AaarrgG! and i am so naughty! every year i make magnets for my son's teachers & aids ( he has like 10!! LOL ) and cause it's an inexpensive craft that looks really cute!! in fact i save all my pottery barn magazines all year for this project!! haha... anyways back to my story, they are super easy-peasy... ya just take a little pottery barn cutness, a glue gun, glass beads, and magnet magic and presto... new cute magnet for your fridge! except they were so cute this year, i kept them! hehe... now, i'm going to have figure out something else to make them! any ideas?? ;) then to round out my craft-a-licious adventure these past couple days... i HAD to get some more of my most fav { staple } prints from Mo Bedell's Party Dress!! those grandmother's pearls must be in every line from now on or i may just cry a sweet tear of sadness... ya listening Mo??? ( kiss, kiss ) You can still grab some at Hip Fabric!! my guess is that i'm not the only one in a crafting frenzy currently either!! here's to all of us getting our goodies done on time!! ;) xo, Heather
pps... my lovely friend Terri is having a fantastic Giveaway Raffle on her blog to help support a brave 9 year old whose daddy passed recently from ALS help raise money for the cause!! if you can spare a moment to pop on by... i know that litttle guy will see his efforts will bring him to amazing places in his life. Thank you!

19 comments:

  1. Wow, you make me look like a slacker, and I thought I was in sewing overdrive! I adore that pillow you're working on, I would love to be your partner. I think it looks awesome right now, just the way it is. And aqua linen??? {Squee!} It most certainly is not just you, I'm really enjoying being overloaded with sewing projects. It's actually making my holiday season more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swap pillow looks great! I would never have guessed that the aqua was linen I'll be that adds awesome texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also make me feel like I am just sitting around doing nothing! those magnets are lovely.

    I am having my first giveaway on my blog. A gift card sponsored by CSN Stores. please do enter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pillow and the aqua linen! Is the hand stitching all the way through all the layers or just the top layer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the pillow the way it is! Loving the magnets, the wreath and the new fabric. I can feel I am losing my resolve to finish my current projects and want to make one of those wreaths this weekend. FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a bunch of crafty goodness. Everything looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got some of that Grandmothers Pearl on clearance at a LQS... thinking I must go back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy busy !!
    that pillow is just about perfect , I'd say .
    aqua linen = love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pillow you are making. Absolutely love it!! For the magnets, you put the glue on the picture and it does not seem to wreck it? How is it that you cannot see the glue from your glue gun? They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go you! I can see why you didn't want to give up those sweet magnets. What about making the aides simple coffee cozies? They only take a sec to sew up - just need some hair elastics, buttons and fabric/batting scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the magnet idea!! We have tons of those PB magazines laying around since I have two teenage daughters :) Maybe we can crank out a few sets of these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! And, really want to work with linen, the aqua is amazing. Did you prewash the linen?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, I've been so busy sewing and knitting. It's really been a wonderful holiday season for me, so far. Everyone I know loves handmade things and it makes it much more fun for me cause I love making them! thanks for all the inspiration Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're definitely not alone, Heather! I've been up since 5am, sewing sashing while my hubs is at work. Sure, he'll help me baste the thing, bug I'd love to surprise him with a finished quilt top when he gets home later!

    ps--that pillow? Freaking FAB, woman! How DO you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pillow you are making!! What is the name of the pattern or where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those 3 pieces of fabrics! just my style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay it's me again... we just made 138 of those little magnets this morning and they are SUPER CUTE!! Thanks for the idea and inspiration!

    Now... how do you present them as gifts? Are they mounted on something? It seems a little anti-climactic to just throw them together in a little plastic bag... Thanks for the help :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that pillow! The colors are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. why must you make me drool all over my key board?? I mean one of these days I will be on your blog and my poor key board is going to shortout from all the saliva!!

    that pillow is AWESOME, it's only flaw is that it wasn't made for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS