Tuesday, October 19, 2010

score 1 goes to Mom!

in the { House } of A La Mode... score 1 goes to Mom! Usually... score 1 - 100 goes to the boys... but not this time! nope... this time i saw a chance to change the direction of the game... here's how it went down: boys: playing ball against my photo gallery wall
Mom: knock it off you two! boys: successful score by knocking down photo & shattering glass Mom: are you kidding me??? boys: what??? Mom: aaarg!!!! but no, not this time... this time i would not throw out another fabulous frame... i'm evolving into a more creative cat! hence... the fabric photo!

so, i took a little of this fantastic business...

and my poor frame...

added a little batting, making sure i left the inside ledge uncovered...

and presto.... new urban art! it's funny, once i realized i was cutting into my fabulous Indie Music fabric to NOT sew with... i kinda had an easy time doing it! maybe i should frame a few more of my favorite prints?? ;) OOOhh... and my Kona Pepper showed up yesterday! Yay!! i can finish my chevron quilt now :) i also picked up a bunch more solids i've had my eye on!!... really is there anything more addicting the solids???

xo, Heather

13 comments:

  1. too funny!! it looks like the boys throwing ball in the house turned into something fantastic!! but not surprising since you are on creative cat, my friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! Too bad I have already thrown out all of my empty frames that have had the glass broken--sadly, there were many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea. It's especially good for a quilt block that just doesn't make its way into a quilt...yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done that! :) I think it's a great idea! :) Especially when you just can't part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So smart! Love that fabric. I'm anxious to see what you do with all the solids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! And I love that stack of Kona.... yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a very creative solution. Can't let the boys get one up on you. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Heather, when you buy stash solids, how much do you buy? I'm only a beginning quilter and don't need a significant stash, but I suspect there might be a different logic to acquiring solids than there is to picking up a few pretty fat quarters here and there to blend with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did, but just a side note, glass is cheep, cheep, cheep at the hardware store. Call around I've seen places that charge per cut. I always find a use for old frames...but still have a closet full from auction box-lots. I could have a blog devoted to old frames, beautiful, creative, and other,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very clever idea...love it!

    That stack of fabric is very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too funny .....glad to hear I'm not the only one that has boys throwing balls around in the house. I have 3 boys....making note of your frame repairing post... :)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS