Wednesday, September 22, 2010

{ Urban } Home Goods - a modern swap!

can i just say... THANK YOU!! to all those who left comments yesterday regarding my ridiculous situation i found myself in! sometimes i feel the need to tell stories of complete nonsense about myself in the spirit of "keeping it real"!! i am a truly silly woman who can always find humor in the most painful situation! LOL now... on to the eye candy as promised!... round 2 of the { Urban } Home Goods - a modern swap is now just wrapping up!! and can i tell you... this was my hardest swap to date! no, no... not because of what i made my partner, but because i had no clue as to who my partner was!! clearly i am not a patient girl and i do NOT like surprises! i sympathize whole heartily with all my members of my swaps for putting up with this blind business... cause the shiz ain't fun! period. however... the waiting did end and one of my most loved crafter's was my partner! miss Amy from Badskirt made me some of the most beautiful treasures!! i was beyond thrilled at my package and overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness ( even when she was being a bit of a rascal! ) haha...
my sweet amy made me crocheted granny squares ( which if you didn't already know about me... i can not crochet or knit! ) hence... i about peed myself!

and in one of her notes she mention bunting... and i swooped up that idea, knowing i would get to gaze at these darling squares more often! ;)

the larger granny square has found her home right to my sewing side!!

and if those weren't enough... she made me the most amazing reversible apron! ( i wish i was clever enough to work my camera to take a photo with it on! ;P )

oh... yes, she really did add a little Grandmother's Flower on it!

i think you can see... just how much her little additions have brought to my land!

now i really am trying not to rub it in, but... come on!! she sent these treats too!! can you say { kindle cover }... yeah, i think i can too! and then just when you think... "but, Heather, how could it getting any better???"... i will simply show you this extra love she sent....

please hold back your tears... i know how much you wish THIS fabric was in your stash!

LOL

as much as i would like to claim receiving the very best of the swap.... i think i should show you a few more items made this round before staking that claim! hehe... ( although i totally do! ) Urban Goods Swap Rec'd urban home goods - sneaky peek! Sneak Peek... Patchwork ties - New obsession Sewing Machine Cover for UHGS Notebook Cover Inside Pocket Detail itty bitty quilt block magnets Pillow for Urban Home Goods Swap plastic bag dispenser Urban Home Swap - Apron Urban Home Goods, Round 2 Urban Home Goods Swap:Breakfast Set Pop Flower Quilt {urban} HOME goods swap quilt UHG- modern swap......sent for my urban home goods swap partner Urban Home Goods swap package For the Urban Home Goods Swap Urban Home Goods Swap IMG_8070 Space Invaders simply starburst~ a pillow! UHG Swap Goodies for Binkwaffle Far Far Away Dresden plate Urban Home Goods Swap

Want to see more... check out the Flickr photo pool! and then sign up for the next round!! ;)

xo, Heather

33 comments:

  1. Oh My!!!! They are all so extremely creative. I love them all. Such wonderfully talented people! I don't know which I like best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....how pretty! If you can't tell by the picture in my profile...I love...love...granny squares :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... wish I could have been in on that swap, those are some amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all wonderful items but I am FLIPPING out over the magnets!! and little red riding hood...and the machine covers...and and and!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, my eyes have cavities! How wonderful each and every project is. What a talented group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh there's some really great stuff in this swap! Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather you are one busy lady!
    I was wondering - for your oven mitts. Did you use anyting special for the batting and or inside lining? I have been wanting to make myself a pair but want to use the correct supplies.
    Great post - love all the colors and I hope you are feeling better.
    Cheers,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving everything here, especially the little babushkas! I collect them, and have the same set of measuring cups that are in the photo of your sewing table!

    What a great swap this is. I've never taken part in one, but would really like to sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love swaps! it's fun to open up the box and see what's in there! love all the love that everyone put in every project!
    haven't done a swap lately, anyone know of any?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This swap deserves a HUGE OMG! Such lovely stuff created and wow on the level of creativity!!!

    I am very jealous of your granny squares, Kelly! My grandma crotched and one of these days I want to learn how, but I know I need to wait a while as I've got enough other stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow. Bet that made you happy after your wee "hiccup" moment. What a swap, and what creative peeps. Love the amazing variety of styles and techniques. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  12. That clown fabric is fucking hilarious! What a bad bad skirt that Amy is :D

    I could about stab you and run over the tree fabric and other goodies she sent you ... no REALLY!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a feast of amazing craft. So much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely worth the wait huh?! Amy is so clever & I am super jealous of all those granny squares ;) she's so generous too, fancy sharing that clown fabric, I'd want to keep it all to myself! lol!

    thanks for including the little magnets in amongst all the incredible eye candy! What a fantastic round it's been!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks again for organizing! I have so many ideas of things to make after being inspired by all the talent in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay. That's it. I am totally signing up for next round!

    Hey, my word verification is bless! That's a good sign that I've made the right decision.

    Utterly fabulous score from Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow love all the beautiful fabrics and such creativity! This is definitely a post that inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - what a lovely package - fun, fun, fun. Lucky you - clowns - I don't think I could sleep with that bit in my house;) Thanks for having one of my projects in your highlights of the swap - that flattered me to death. I truly enjoyed this swap and cannot wait to see round three sign ups:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love your blog. You always put up the most inspirational things. All a bit overwhelming. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous swap! I'd like one of each please!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow everything looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  22. Too much inspiration here to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Heather!!! So much awesomeness in one post :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is all so fresh and beautiful! And the things you got from Amy are fantastic, you are one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't know where to begin with accolades! Those projects are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, everything is soooo amazing! Wish I was talented enough to join in! Where in the world is that fabric with the girl on the bike from?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OY! I think I am having an Eye Candy overdose! What wonderful gifts, fabrics and talent...Love it ALL...ok...I didn't like the clowns but that's a personal issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. kicking myself for not joining in!

    Beautiful stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This has been an AWESOME swap! Thanks for hosting it and for using the picture of the items I mailed to my partner. It was alot of fun creating items for my partner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You got amazing swap items!! Lucky girl. Thanks for hosting the swap,they are so much fun to do and i'm so thrilled to be in such great company with all your swaps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so excited to be on the list of some of your favorites! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love this series of pictures! inspiring! beautiful use of color.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS