Thursday, July 29, 2010

the { swiss army } quilt

i'm just not sure if there is any other feeling better than the one generated from seeing your ideas come to life... example... a new quilt. when i fist saw the ( me plus you ) quilt pattern... i knew i must have one... but, with a little punch of me to it, so i called up Kerri and ordered a bunch of fabric from her shop for this steely quilt!!... though i had to dump the tangerine color addition ( silly boy toy ) in the end... it really does look wonderful in my bedroom and i couldn't be more pleased!
( 45 X 54" )

i love how the colors look next to my pillow from Julie too!!

or folded up... either way... pretty much just love it... ;)

and i think us ( me, new quilt & sweeta** Kindle ) are gonnna be fast friends!! on another note... ( arms raised in protest ) another 20 yards of new fabric arrived yesterday from Hawthorne Threads and Fabric.com.... do they know what they are doing to me??? i buy, i love, i horde... it's an insane cycle that seems to never stop with all the great prices on fabrics they give!!! aaarrrggg!! ( wink, wink ) and lastly... thought i'd share a fab tip... BigHugeLabs flickr toys... now offers custom cd holders!! these are my ( i heart the 80's ) version for a few sewing peeps! cool hugh!! XO, Heather

24 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt - the colors are amazing and yes i'm sure you, quilt and kindle will be fast friends ;) I totally get the new quilt feeling. Enjoy. Wow 20yds!!! My hubby would kill me

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous Heather!

    (and does look great with your pillow).

    Oh, I really like that quilt.

    (those internet sites which shall not be named get me all the time too... just this week actually... and Kerri did too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pile of fabric you have looks very much like the one I got recently!

    I love the quilt and the fabrics--they are so calming, but not at all boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out soo cute! I may need to pick up that pattern as well. Her blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is really stunning!! I have a hard time resisting the lure of online fabric shops as well - I can't pass up a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Swiss Army Quilt is phenomenal! Grey and blue--can't get more calming than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt :)
    And a little jealous of that pile of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the quilt is FANTASTIC!! love, love, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! :) I just got an order from fabric.com too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just refolded a "pile" of fabric goodness from Fabric.com so fun. Your quilt turned out fabulous.

    Just read the last Night Huntress book on my kindle and I think that I can honestly say that I love my kindle almost as much as I love Bones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO beautiful quilt !!! And the cd holders are really cute !!! ... ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree it is beautiful. I like the refined color scheme, you made great fabric choices! The quilting suits it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. those cd cases rock!

    & as for that quilt missy...IN LOVE I tell ya! I did love the orange in it but the trimmed down palette is just as awesome if not more so ... and perhaps a tad sophisticated too ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous quilt! Thank you by the way for getting me hooked on making my own cd holders lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore the way it turned out, Heather.....perfect even without the tangerine. it looks good with the kindle too!!!

    those cd cases are too freakin' cute...I may need some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quilt! The colors are gorgeous and you did a beautiful job as usual! How was the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  17. a swiss army knife never looked so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so hoping that sweet new Kindle shows up in my birthday gifts next month. The fabrics Heather..oh my, it is awful isn't it when the sales just keep on coming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one wonderful Me Plus You quilt Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That quilt looks amazing. Love the quilting on it. I have to try some straight line quilting! This is one of the best blokey quilts I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where do I begin? Your Swiss Army Quilt is just fab. I was disappointed about the elimination of the tangerine, but maybe hubby was onto something, because it's great with Julie's pillow! And just when I convinced myself that I should try not to purchase any fabric this month, you have to go and show off all those great fabric purchases. Have fun sewing, hoarding, and admiring! Those CD holders are rad (80s callback).

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colors you picked for your quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilt is gorgeous Heather! Love the colors =0)

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS