Wednesday, July 14, 2010

hexie-licious!

can i just say... yep, Sponsor's sooOOoo rock! cheers to you The Fat Quarter Shop for all your generously to us crafters!! and i'm pretty sure the winner of our give-a-way will be thinking the same thing! Congrats!! Random Integer Generator Here are your random numbers: 129 Timestamp: 2010-07-14 18:55:02 UTC cilvee said... I love the new Antiquity line from Michael Miller. Because I love the little crowns! How royal.... July 12, 2010 10:39 AM on to the hexies!!
it only seems right to post about heavenly hexies, since Kerri and I just started Round 2 of the { Handsome } hexies Swap! soooOOoo... this morning i deiced to play with my sweet friend's new fabric line! Party Dress by Mo Bedell is fantastically perfect for the hexie lover... why you wonder???... because she even made a hexie cheater print in two colorways!!! now you must know how happy that made me! ;) Here's some yummy examples... ( 1 1/4" )

although... seeing her line in all it's glory really got me a thinkin! it's just such a fabulous representation of my personal hippy/ bohemian style...

so... i thought, "girl... you need to wear this line!" and since i'm leave next week for a wonderful family vacation at the coast... i thought... h e x i e bandanna's!! i think you can see... just how cute her cheater print truly is!! :) i'll be busy making several more of these cuties to take with ( since who like their hair flying in their faces every ten seconds at the beach, right??!! LOL ) this project seriously took me ten minutes! just cut your fabric to ( 20 X 22" )... then add a simple hem around to avoid fraying and presto! you can still get this print and all her others at Hawthorne Threads!! here's some other mail day treats this weeks too!! OOooooHhhh... how i've waited for one of these babies! and now they're on sale at Amazon! and well... to get my shipping money's worth... i picked up this cuties too!!

then my... s w e e t miss anna maria horner goods came from that sick sale at ( fabric.com )!!!

i won't even try to lie... it's been a fab week! ;) here's to hoping it was just as good to you!! XO, Heather

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE the babushkups! I collect babushkas, and I think I need these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!! i don't know which is cuter, those yummy hexies, you in that super cute scarf or those adorable matryoshka doll glasses!! just simply CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those babushka glasses are too cute! So is pretty much everything else in this post, though. It's making me want to go on a fabric shopping spree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, so yummy! What's the time line info on the hex swap? When are they due?...may have to get it on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! lindsay the fabric is amazing for sheba!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, can I get into that hexie swap, or is it too late? I LOVE hexagons, and I would love to be a member of the swap! You can go to my blog and see what I've done with hexagons.. not much lately but I am a tad obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo look at all those goodies. I didn't even realize you guys were doing hexie swap round 2 - off to flickr in a moment. Meanwhile, i think the bandana idea is BRILLIANT!! I'm totally copying you on that one - perfect for a lot of Oregon activities. Nice stash improvement Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, more info on the swap would be appreciated. Thanks, heather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was too much cool stuff in this post! I have some of that fabric line with the hexie cheater cloth. LOVE.IT. All the colors in that line are just too wondeful!

    I have been trying to stock up on AMH because I have a feeling when good folks is gone, it might be kinda like FMF, which I'm STILL trying to collect, without much luck. Ack.

    And the cups are way too cute. I finally got some matryoshka measuring cups. Have you seen those?

    Anyway, I'm totally hooked on sewing hexies. It makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile while I watch America's Got Talent and SYTYCD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you in the cute scarf! Fabulous! And the Party Dress hexies are so cute! I am really excited for round 2 of the hexie swap. See you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Kindle, um, can we say jealous?! LOL. Thanks so much for hosting the giveaway, now I can't say I never win! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute, fun, more cute and jealous ... these are all the things I thought about when I was reading through your post!! I totally want to play hexie swap - I already sent you a fm. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Cilvee!

    I snatched up some of the Anna Marie from fabric.com last week. Such a great sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How could everyone else totally miss that beautiful Kindle at the end of your post? You are so-o-o-o-o going to love that at the beach! You won't even have to get up from your beach chair to get a new book when you finish one!! So what are you reading on your Kindle? (By the way, did you know that you can get all kinds of free books for your Kindle from Amazon?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the fabric line, it looks stunning in hexies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your hexagons are so cute!! I just started my first hexagon scrap quilt. It is too much fun and very addicting. :o)
    There is a new little page on my blog titled "bartering" and wanted to extend the invitation. :o) I am looking to trade fabric scraps for quality handcrafted jewelry. :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful fabrics- anna maria horner knows how to do good design work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Question: Do you use Clover templates for your hexagons? I am looking for somewhere to purchase them and can find nowhere in the USA.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS