Friday, May 28, 2010

weekend projects!!

well kids... it's memorial weekend! i know many of you will be traveling or vacationing this holiday away... but sadly the boy toy has to work all weekend :( So... i will have plenty of time to visit lost loved ones and finish some sewing projects! i've been working on my Swiss Army Quilt again and i think i'm almost ready to start sewing the blocks together! ;)

if you must have these fabulous fabrics too... for your own swanky quilt... Kerri's got all the goods!! Check out her fantastic store ( shh... she does custom orders too! )

Sew Deerly Loved

and... i have been playing with the idea of sporadically opening my etsy shop again with little handmade treasures ( limited qualities only! ) haha... i don't want to get into custom orders again... they really made my hobby a job! LOL i needed a new travel calender and picked one up last night at the targ'et... and low and behold... their Liberty of London is now on clearance, so i picked up a cutie travel pad too. but my pad was soooo much more clever then my ugly calender... which led me to a little patchwork cover for her :) now they look smashing!!

what do you think??? Etsy worthy??? either way... have a wonderful holiday weekend!! Xo, Heather

24 comments:

  1. Love the colors in your quilt, so soothing, really looking fwd to seeing how you finish this one! The little patchwork book jacket is fabulous! What a great way to use up small scraps of special fabric, I'm gonna add one to my to-do list! (and maybe drag the kiddos to target to see what I can snag - thanks for the tip)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUte... definitly etsy worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you should definitely open your shop - and just add in things when you can - MUCH less stress! Love the quilt top and the notebook cover is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely YES! You should definitely open up your store again and add all sorts of things you enjoy making. You already know how I feel about custom orders so I won't bore you with my details but simple put, don't let your "mind's eye" be blinded by becoming a work horse when it was once a unicorn! That's my theory... :-) Enjoy what you do and show that off in your store.

    Yippee, can't wait see all of the fun things you decide to create (LOVE the calender cover)!

    Have a WONDERFUL Weekend!

    ~ MC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crosses & love the notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heather, the quilt is amazing!! LOVE it!! and what a fabulous book cover!! your piecing is so precise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very etsy worth...the quilt is coming together in such an amazing way. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is lovely, but oooooh, I love that calendar cover! How clever, and definitely etsy-worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely etsy worthy...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean. I will be opening an Etsy soon and although my husband always thinks I should do custom, he has no idea! It really does kind of make it like a "JOB"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I think we can all agree that custom sewing is definitely joblike :( I love the cover though, totally etsy worthy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. for sure etsy worthy! It's so cute!

    I've been wanting to do something like that...

    And I really like how those blocks are coming together. The Hope Valley and Modern Meadow look so good together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Far too pretty to be a quilt swiss army, swiss believing my experience

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those so much!! List them!! Great gift for someone. I am always thinking of ways to 'patchwork' something, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. DEFINITELY ETSY worthy! I'd buy one that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, absolutly Etzy material !! Lovely work as always. Have a creative day !

    ReplyDelete
  17. your quilt is gonna be awesome...and that calendar cover is making me want to go buy one just to make a cover!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! For both projects! The colors in the Swiss Army quilt are awesome! And you did a great job with the book covers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i was kind of sad when the orange came out of your you+me quilt but now I am loving it!
    & go the book covers! it looks sooo fab
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the journals. They are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS