Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Sewing Studio - Home upDates!

This week has been full of inspiration for myself!! Between working on my new house, blog design ( Kerri and i revamped our's today! ), kick off of a new swap, sewing VQB ( virtual quilting bee ) blocks and upcoming secret project... i am exhausted!! Luckily... Kerri will be coming down this weekend to pump me up! We're gonna have a small get together at my place on Saturday and then hop over to see some friends at the ( Modern Domestic ) Portland Modern Quilting Guild sewing night!! I can't wait to post tons of pictures!! In hopes of not looking completely unorganized... i've been working on my house a bit... i purchased a new shelf from Ikea and moved my bed... i think i'm liking the aqua head board now... which is a great out come... since i was really loathing repainting it! LOL Then i added in some drapes to my sewing nook... the seasons here in Portland... are finally starting to change and I really needed to block some of the sunshine... i chose red ( which surprised me ) and again... i kinda like it ;) Then i reorganized a little too... i really, really don't want to look like a piggy when friends come over! hehehe... OOhhh and a quick up date on my ( ode' to Denyse Schmidt " bunch of squares " ) gallery wall... i added in the grey and am slowly moving downward ;) and just for fun... a sneeky peeky of the fabrics... i'll be using in my secret project! :) I'm off to clean more!!... Xo, Heather

22 comments:

  1. Love the red drapes! Your sewing room looks very open and sunshiny! I also really like your Denise Schmidt wall! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the aqua head board and everything about your bedroom! Looks great. The red drapes are wonderful and the DS wall - way too cool! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that pillow on your gorgeous aqua bed is divine. I just love your funky square quilting. And, the colors you pulled in the fabrics for your secret project are SUPER cute! Have a blast this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic - love the new blog look too - so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is looking awesome! I can't wait to see what you are doing with all those great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, let's just say I'm simply envious of your sewing room because it is in the Portland area, has those great corner windows with that view. And the wall of pictures. And the headboard.

    Oh,and the fabric. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oohhh ariel... i wish i could take credit for the pillow, but it came from my round 2 ( pillow talk swap ) partner Amber { one shabby chic }... it just so happens to tie in my whole room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK ... I love:
    - the little patchwork cushion on your bed
    - your new red drapes
    - that divine selection of fabrics
    - the other stuff in your post too!!
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new header and the red drapes!!
    Great group of fabrics there Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the aqua headboard to.. Cant wait to hang out on SAt. It will be lots of fun, are we going fabric shopping at bolt to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would kill for a sewing room like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you've been busy Heather! Have fun this weekend with Kerri. I still say we need to have a mini online quilters convention some day where we can all meet face to face.

    I have cotton sheers in my sewing room windows. The sun doesn't shine directly on that part of the house. Loving the red you chose.

    Thanks for putting together one of the most awesome swaps on Flickr! Looking forward to Urban Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. us... addicts...??? aahhh yeah Terri... definitely!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the aqua headboard and the shelf above is brilliant. your red curtains are so pretty...i would love to have windows like that in my sewing area....so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. STOP!! please don't clean just for me. ;) though, i'd be doing the same. hee hee!!

    Love your new blog design!! It was sooo fun creating our new blogs together!! We just can't seperate from the hip!! ;)

    Your bedroom and design wall are looking fabulous!! LOVE them, and can't wait to see them in a couple days!! YEAH for a week-end with the girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it all!!! Heather - Great Job!! Haha, my word verification is "haters." How funny is that! I doubt there are any haters of your work. Have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like everything is coming together splendidly! I love your bed! Looks like a great place to crawl in for a nap. Can't wait to see your secret sewing project....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks GREAT, and I adore the aqua headboard. It definatly adds character to the room. And how awesome that you will get all that girl/friend/sew time...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty and I LOVE all those fabrics! And the pillow...love it! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have been busy, busy, busy! Love the new blog look and peeks at your home! I'm looking forward to sewing with you this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heather, I love your style. You have a great eye for design... plus I wanted to say, your music choices are AWESOME...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quiet jealous with your well organized fabric collection, I wish I have enough time to keep my unused fabrics like how you keep yours.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS