Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Sewing Studio - Drunk Love for Miss Amber...

This month in my [ Bee ] - autiful virtual quilting bee... Amber ( One ShabBy Chic ) asked for 12", drunk lOVE blocks!! and boy were they a blast to make!! She sent us Denyse Schmidt's new Hope Valley fabrics and said we could add in some of our own if we liked... so i did! Hope you like Amber!! and the weekend couldn't have been completed with out a quick trip to a local Target for some more Liberty of London goodies... ;) plus... i'm very excited to get out my blocks from my ( Sew New To Me Virtual Quilting Bee ) and start the process of putting them together!! I thought originally that i would sash all the blocks in white... but now i'm think Kona Ash and maybe even a little connector of coal or lime??? HHhhmmm... we'll see?? ;) Have a great week!! XO, Heather

12 comments:

  1. ambers block are gorgeous!! love them!! your ffa quilt is going to be rockin!! love the ash as the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Amber blocks are stupendous! I clearly have not been down all the aisles at Target or I could have note cards already in my posession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks! hope you won't mind another drunk love block for April - I just can't resist! :)

    yay for gray sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh is that a little make-up pouch? I missed those! I think I need one or seventeen of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defintitely ash! They look awesome on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUST go to Target!!! those are amazing finds...is that a wallet or a little purse pouch???? i have to go. i love your bee blocks they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same wallet :-) and I LOVE my blocks - oooh - lime sashing....that would be SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your blocks are gorgeous Heather! I adore both Kona coal and ash, but I haven't seen the lime in real life so I will pass no judgment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love what you did with Amber's blocks. Nice work. And I like the Kona Ash with your Sew New To Me blocks. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those blocks are awesome Heather!! I like the ash, and a little coal would be cool too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. just found your blog and I love it... you inspire with your blocks. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blocks for Amber! The ash background for your quilt is PERFECT. Great choice. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS