Sunday, February 28, 2010

humbled and a couple of winners!

a m a z i n g l y.... humbled is how I feel after this celebration of my blog's big day! Thank you all so much for your kind words toward myself and my shared groups with my partner in crime... Kerri! We hoped more than anything that our efforts would produce an amazing community of creative individuals all supporting one another and their craft with positive vibes and attitudes.... it's a little more than humbling that so many of you felt that you were inspired by one another in participating in these unique groups. This was soooo our hope!!! You guys are my creative home... not only to be personally inspired but to share my ideas with!!! Thanks! during this past week... this is what has been happening behind the curtain.... Kerri and I started the { Media } chitchat Flickr group... and I must say... this group has had me cracking up and scared I might pee on my couch late at night reading the posts!! You guys kill me!!!... then... cook book obsessions on the { Library } of a Book Worm ... OOohhh and yay... I got a crazy Aqua fever and painted my kitchen this new fabulous Martha Stewart color... which needed a chandelier...??? What... it really did! ;)

then... of course more work on my dedication to Denyse Schmidt's ( bunch of squares ) gallery wall... wait to see the grey I added in! It's heaven!!! Then the sewing... I had been drooling over the ( me + you ) quilt pattern FOREVER... and finally pulled that band aid off this week!!! Of course I couldn't help but to make it in my signature colors... aqua and tangerine... but then get this... my tribute to my most fav movie... The Life Aquatic.... has a horrid turn of events... my husband is not feeling it! Can you believe it??? I felt like he called me fat! So, I'll be pulling all the tangerine out and keeping the still very swanky grey and aqua combination... but still... I could have murdered him! Messing with a woman's art is a deadly game! LOL Then to top off my my week... my sweet baby Colin was feeling very punky and only wanted his Mama and Legos :( This combined with my dear friend Sarah's grandma's sudden departure left our Twilight sewing weekend to be postponed... though I'll miss Edward until we meet again... my thoughts and prayers are with Sarah and her family right now... :( Now to my winners... although I can only pick two to win the fabrics... you are all winners to me!! ( yes, I know cheesy... but I'd be rambling to myself without you guys and I really appreciate you for not allowing me to be a loner! ) LOL There were an amazing ( 569 ) enties ( blushing! ) Random Integer Generator Here are your random numbers: 26 Timestamp: 2010-03-01 05:28:01 UTC Valerie said... Follower - I actually link to you from my blog, in my blogroll, so I can see at a glance if you've updated :) and... Random Integer Generator Here are your random numbers: 322 Timestamp: 2010-03-01 05:32:03 UTC Three Dancing Magpies said... #2 Love all the groups you have started, but must say I am CRAZY for the Pillow Swap group- it is simply AWESOME!

Congrats ladies!!! I'll be emailing you soon!! :) Thanks and I'll be seeing you soon in the groups!! XO, Heather

16 comments:

  1. Happy one year Heather! I love seeing the corners of your home! (PS husband will learn to love - no adore- your L.A. quilt no matter what. I think that if he is anything like mine he just likes to have an opinion on your crafty adventures sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners! lOVE the gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners!

    You just tell that husband of your that he doesn't know what is cool! Imagine the nerve of him telling you that the tangerine doesn't look good...I say he needs a swift kick in the pants (teehee)! I really love the tangerine actually and I say leave it in!

    I'm sorry about being such a lousy virtual librarian! Grad school really just sucks the life out of me, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me want to get the paint brushes out! I adore your quilt . . . my husband I think looks for a way to contribute to my creative adventures and later admits he has no clue! I was loving the aqua and orange!

    I have to tell you I have NEVER won anything in my entire life besides athletic stuff- this made my life! At a school bingo event last week, everyone was winning cakes, quite a few families went home with multiple cakes and I had three disappointed kids. Friends offered to give us their extra but it wasn't the same, he wanted to win. (We went home and baked a caked). Anyway you have ended a 40 year drought- thanks for your generosity and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the luck winners. Enjoy year two Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You are so awesome Heather, thank you!!

    (PS - I love that aqua paint, going to keep that colour in mind when we redo the bedroom this summer....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO way!!! I love the tangerine! The color combo is so happy and perfect for spring.

    Your house is looking super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners!

    Oooooh, it sends me spiraling when my hubby doesn't like a quilt layout, colors, etc. You're right, it is a bit like calling a girl fat! LOL

    FWIW, I love(d) the colors...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the chandelier was absolutely necessary! and what a gorgeous one at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The aqua and tangerine is fabulous! Husbands! And I love the chandelier!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new paint! It is fun to see a peek of your home.
    Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noooooo!! Keep it the way it is, it's perfect! If you take it out, I just may have to remake it ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I've never heard anyone else who says they're feeling "punky"! I feel like we're twins, separated at birth! You wouldn't happen to say "logey" too, would you? My Mother used logey, as in "I have no energy, I just feel so logey today." Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear your husband is over riding your choice, because I like it!!! I love that 'blue' aqua, and just bought a tea pot in that color yesterday at a thrift store...with the upc bar code still on it. I use to have 2 kitchens with that color, and my last kitchen was blue, tangerine, lime green, bubblegum pink and canary yellow. Before you throw up...let me tell you it was a true Carribean kitchen and everyone was fasinated with it. :) It got me out a depression I was in. Who could be depressed with all those wonderful colors. I'll try to post the tea pot soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A boy and his legos - I love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the tangerine quite a lot, actually. How many blue and grey quilts do you see? 7 million. How many with tangerine? Aha!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS