Friday, January 29, 2010

String Pillow...

I've always wanted one of these little babies!!! Here's the deal... I have been making a bunch of pillows lately and there's a very good explanation as to why... Firstly, I just bought a new home a couple months ago and have decorating fever... Secondly, I have been dying to try out many of my friend's tutorials and this gives me a great excuse to do so without ended up with 300 quilts... And lastly... I like pillows! Yeah.. I know... who doesn't??? So... this morning I spent a little time on Ashley's (filminthefridge)string block tutorial. I really thought it was fun and easy directions to follow. Now please don't think that means... I think I'm some kind of professional... because I'm hardly that! This was my true first attempt at it :) I thought I may not be as scared to do it if I used some of my scraps... After following Ashley's directions... I struggled with my little puzzle... Then I admit... I struggled with how to get that paper off, so I decided to cut mine... hehehehe In the end... I think I really like it ( the Kona Ash was a great choice! )...

12 comments:

  1. Heather, it is fabulous!! I LOVE it!! I really need to follow your lead and start making lots more pillows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so gorgeous! That must be fun to be decorating from scratch!! You did an excellent job on the pillow! Love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some pillows for my daughter's dorm room back in September, and one of the first ones I made was a string pillow following Ashley's tutorial. My first pillows, too, but I look forward to making many more!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of cutest fabrics! Well done!

    I love pillows too and made a few simple style ones last year but not as lovely as your one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow i love it...i am so inspired to make a new bunch of pillows for my living room. this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is fantastic! The colors look great together, and I love the ash frame. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pillow! I love making the string blocks. I found it easy to tear off the paper if you fold back each piece like a perforated check. Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love string blocks AND pillows! My husband kinda gets a sideways smile when I make another. I like to use basting spray rather than glue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the big giveaway!

    Filminthefridge's tutorial is next on my list after I finish my daughter's wonky log cabin quilt. Thank you for helping me lose some of my anxiety with your laid back approach :D Absolutely fun pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillow and fabric choices are so fresh!!!! I am off to work but just found your blog and already love your energy. Have an awesom WEdnesday....What are you celebrating today? If you visit my blog you will understand why I ask. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS