Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Calypso Star Quilt

Today's my 11th Wedding Anniversary and I thought.... HHhhmm... I should just sew all day! LOL... yes.. I know I do that most days... but today was for me ;) I finished the top of my Calypso Star Quilt ( minus the sashing )... I LOVE the colors together and how whimsical it came out, but not too juvenile. My oldest son was a trooper holding it up for me ;) And, the lighting was TERRIBLE, since it's such a down poor over here in O'le Portland, Oregon today... I can't wonder why we got married in Vegas! LOL I have also been quite a busy girl working on blocks for my three virtual bees... I sure hope my pals like them! Kerri's Gnomie Friends House for { Bee } Imaginative Cristin's Grey and Green squares & Rectangles for Sew New To Me Virtual Quilting Bee And Suzanne's Opposites Attract for [Bee]-autiful Quilting Bee OOOooohhh... then I also played with my Munki Munki Snowball Quilt ( It was time for January's block! ) Okay... all done... I promise!! Now time to go be with my boy toy! ;)

11 comments:

  1. Dang I envy your ENTIRE day of sewing! Sounds like heaven!
    I love how you finished off the blocks of the calypso top! Very unique and eye catching... well done!
    And of course all 3 of your bee blocks are fab, ~wink wink~

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful day!! i love all the projects you have done!! the star quilt is amazing, all the bee block are divine (especially mine) :), and the snowball quilt is sooo lovely!!

    happy anniversary my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in love with the calypso star quilt...everything looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! And that new quilt is so pretty with the soft color palette. Happy Anny to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversery to you. WE stayed in today as well, Living in the northwest for so long and still don't like the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE sewing all day!! Great blogs and I really like the star quilt. I've been working on various star quilts or blocks and finally got pretty good at matching the points. LOL I'm seeing so much about quilting bee's or sew alongs or whatever they are called, I'm going to have to either start one or find one to join!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all!! I really like the way you are sashing your stars with so many different fabrics, absolutely scrumptious! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Did Elvis marry you? heehee
    Loving your calypso quilt, and can't wait to see the finished munki!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The calypso star quilt is just wonderful, and your blocks for your quilting bees are perfect! I am participating in two bees in 2010 (my first) and so far it's been really fun and very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, I just wanted to say I am new to this blogging thing but your site is amazing! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS