Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Munki Munki Snowballs of LOVE !

I am in Love with my Munki Munki Snowballs and not for the reason you all probably assume ;) I LOVE them because I am able to use charms of the fabric that have already been cut & prepared for me by the " Munki Munki Quilt A Long & Swap "! I figured today that if I was ever going to get anywhere near a lap size quilt with my Munki quilt - a - long desire... I would need to make two of these little 9.5' gems each month, soooo... when I went to start cutting into my stash earlier, I realized... duh, no need... I have charms! Anyone who has made a snowball quilt knows just how fun they are, but those charms made them super quick to sew together too! I sure can't wait for our next Munki Charm Swap {which I'll be hosting, since Kerri so generously did the first}... My block just flew together! I also started another stitching project! I think I may have a new addition... it's not my fault really, I blame Ariel! Her & Kerri's "Hand Stitched" Embroidery SWAP... it's very me! I think it's going to look very cool next to my hoop from Kerri! Thanks Kerri!!!

16 comments:

  1. LOVIN your snowballs, they are so cute in the munki! and that vw pattern is too cute, i have a thing for those buses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snowballs! Once I'm finished with Christmas sewing, a snowball quilt is next on my list.

    Your VW embroidery is cool! I love handstitching, need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowball quilts are such fun to make and yours looks fantastic. I am really feeling your VW though...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great munki blocks, and GREAT stitching! can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much guys! Your all so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowballs are a great idea with the charms!
    And your embroidery is awesome Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowballs are darling! So is your embroidery. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love finding fun new blogs!
    And thanks for the great tunes, i'm gonna leave it up and listen as I sew the morning away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great snowballs! They look pretty easy to make too! What size is each block?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cristin! Each little snowball is 5 inches... I use charms ;)

    And thanks for the music ego boost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your snowball blocks!! That is going to be one lovely quilt!!

    So glad you love your little hand stitched piece. :) It was soo fun to make! That bus is going to be perfect along side the bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ACK! What are you thinking?? Continuing the embroidered cuteness?!! I WANT that bus! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that looks so cute, you are really good. I love your blog template...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The snowballs are too cute, it's on my list of "want to try".....but that VW has me down right jaw dropped!! What a great idea....I want one!! Did you freehand it? I am somewhat of a VW junky, ever since I was 15 and bought my broken down, bug for $300 as a first car!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is a great pattern to showcase your pretty munki munki fabrics. Very tempting to try this myself...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your snowballs! Once I'm finished with Christmas sewing
    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS