Thursday, August 27, 2009

Heather Ross ~ Munki Munki

Such an amazing week of Heather Ross for me!!! I'm not even quite sure where to begin??... First Kerri { sew deerly loved } and I started a new Heather Ross Munki Munki quilt along! We both have been collecting her Munki Munki fabrics since starting the Designer - Fabric - Swappy - Poo... but, I loved it too much to actually cut into it; hence if everyone is doing it with us... it might not just sting as much! LOL.... Here's the link if any of you would like to join or just take a lookie see at all the cool crafts being made by our members! We will be hosting charm swaps and Mini quilt swaps on top of the quilt along for anyone interested too! :) http://www.flickr.com/groups/munkimunkiquiltalongandswaps/ Here are some of my first blocks! These Munki Munki fabrics that will all be carefully stitched into my beautiful quilt... where???... Not quite sure yet! But, they'll definitely have a home there! {wink, wink} Then, Heather Ross herself had a studio sale! And, I couldn't even remotely believe that I emailed in time and am getting a SURPRISE box from her! Can you just die!!! So, I thought I'm so fortunate to have made the cut off { which it closed in a hour and half from posting } that I'll be having a giveaway with some of the treats she sends me! I'll keep you posted for that one... I'm sure it will be major!

13 comments:

  1. Your MM blocks are really wonderful Heather. I had to pick my jaw up off the desk - that really is quite a collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to email Ms. Ross in time, too! Can't wait! (Your blocks are gorgeous by the way-- I need to stop hoarding and start cutting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blocks! And LOVE the firefly print. Oh my goodness. I must find myself a square of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are adorable! I admire them whenever I see them on Flickr. I'm trying to resist the munki bandwagon - but did trade for a few scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh how lucky you are!!! Somehow I didn't check her blog for a while and missed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm telling you all the truth... It's super fun to cut up my stash!! Now that I have a plan, anyways! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. O M G, I can't wait to see what you get in your box!!!!. Let me just say that those chickens are to die for. I must find some of them. I joined the quilt along, so I am slowly working on my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is ADORABLE! I just love the VW buses and yogis. And, your blocks - so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is lucky- I saw her post way too late. Can't wait to see your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God, I gotta find me some of those fireflies!

    I have a hard time cutting into it, too Heather! I'm hoping the quilt along will ease my apprehension!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so happy to make the cut with the MISC studio sale too! Your collection already is so amazing.

    molly
    applecyder.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. do you interface your munki/hr fabrics before you sew them into quilt blocks? i just finished up some wonky log cabin blocks and the munki just didn't hold up like the others. thanks for any info!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS