Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Sewing Studio - OUTRAGEOUS... I tell YOU!!!

Wow! I am totally amazed at some basic research on the Heather Ross’ Lightning Bugs fabric line. Now, trust me… I’m no dummy to just how expensive certain prints can run a person for this line, but holey COW! I have seen recent prices range from $18.00 for a fat quarter - $40.00 a yard. This is the worst type of offense… fabric price gauging! I love her stuff to, but shoot… this is plain criminal! Which has led me to giving a lot of thought as to how to pick the winner for my giveaway tomorrow evening… and I had a couple ideas… first, have my son pick a random number and who’s name & contact info that fall on that number… would be the winner… second, write down all the names of all the entries and pick out of a hat { which would be very timely }, or I thought maybe you’d have some suggestions… After realizing I’m giving away apparent liquid gold… I thought maybe you’d like a chance to voice your opinions??? I look forward to hearing from you!

8 comments:

  1. use the random number generator on the web, very easy and fair! http://www.random.org/integers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the wonderful person giving the prize should choose the easiest way for her to pick a winner. Most people believe that is Rand Number Generator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I say use the random number generator save yourself some time :-) I started sewing about a year ago so many of the really fun prints were already unavailable by that time... or I guess I should say they were way to unaffordable by that time! Her stuff has become like gold! You are very sweet for hosting this giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know... I'm liking what I'm hearing! I agree about unaffordable... what I would give for Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. However you choose I hope it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you just want to choose me then I could save you the time! :) lol
    No really, I'd use random.org.
    And who would pay $18 for a fat quarter? That's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen the random generator used but been very disappointed when I noticed some people adding multiple comments (especially when there were lots of comments to hide them in). I would simply check for people doing this and use the generator. I have also seen where someone was able to easily number their comments with another app available on the net. I read about it on Taffy talk ..you can go to this page and she talks about getting it from a Melanie I think. HOpe this helps. http://quilttaffy.blogspot.com/2009/03/bummed-bummer-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes those fabrics are SO desired... They are precious! I also was going to suggest the random number generator... the fairest...

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS