Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Sewing Studio - The Life Aquatic...

I am super excited to finish my Neptune quilt! I just love it when a new, { cool } fabric line for boys comes out! I LOVES me some patchwork style quilts... they just look comfy and vintage even thought they can be completely modern and urban... I'm also a big fan of hand tied quilts, but I don't dig babies sucking on the yarn... so, I've been using an appliqué stitch to create the same effect... It also adds a polka dot feel to the back... again big fan ;)

10 comments:

  1. I love it! that fabric is so much fun and the way you tired it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your faux ties! Great idea! Beautiful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is definately a great quilt for a boy!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice fabric. I have been intimidated about doing machine quilting. The machine tying is a great alternative.

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ our peeps and it’s a rare day that you won’t hear from us if you leave a message! Talk with ya soon!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS